Friday 20 May 2016

Spiralling out of control

So I got to enjoy some UK sunshine 



And discovered a yummy Captain Morgan's White Rum Mojito in a can, very nice and so handy for the summer months.



Even got to enjoy a delicious chicken salad, just bought a store garden salad bowl, threw in some avocado and grilled some chicken and added some Caesar Salad dressing. 

Also as I put it all in the bowl there was a lot less washing up to do.


I decided I wanted some Aubergine (egg plant) now if you regualarly read my blog you know I have a love hate relationship with this veg. I love it, but I always suck when I cook it. But if I'm nothing but persistant so I decided to try again.


So I sliced it put it into a colander and covered it in salt (no very health for the heart) and left it there for about 15-20 minutes.


I then put it on a baking tray and added a pinch more salt and cooked for about 25 minutes.


While that was cooking I wanted to use my new Spiral Slicer - as it seem like such a good idea when I bought it to make vegetable noodles and to say hey world look how healthy I can be.


I got some carrots and some courgette (Zucchini) to make into wonderful spirals.



What a complete disaster and such a waste of time, now to be fair to the Spiral Slicer I have Dyspraxia so using something that requires the machine to turn one way, while I turn the veg the other, actually can be very difficult so not sure if it was a bad machine or just a bad me.

So we end up with just this



From all this 


So I think I will from now on buy it pre-spiraled or find an electronic one.

The good new however is the Aubergine turned out great so at least I achieve something and the dinner wasn't a total disaster.



So to cheer myself up the next day I went to LEON and got my self a perfectly Spiraled Courgetti & Kale Salad which was fresh, taste and super nom.


No comments:

Post a Comment