Thursday 25 August 2016

Spicy Vegetable Bites

So I haven't done a cooking blog in a while which isn't great if you're supposed to be writing a cooking blog...

My excuse is life got in the way big time.

But calmer now but I'm off to Amsterdam tomorrow for weekend of fun (see the previous Amsterdam trip post and you'll see what I mean lol)


Any who I decided to make a quick, easy low fat and relatively cheap snack. That can be use for parties or in my case so I don't reach for something unhealthy.

You take some frozen veg and leave in a bowl to defrost (used just over half the pack) 



So when the veg is nice and defrosted take some dry rice and cook as per instructions. This can just be plain rice but this add a bit more flavour. 


Then get two potatoes and a sweet potato.


Peel


And dice. 


Then boil for about 20 minutes.



Once they're all nice and soft mash. 

Put mash into a mixing bowl.. Alright I know this is a pan but there was an unfortunate accident with my bowl so I had to make do. 


Then add in a chopped red onion


Add the defrosted veg 


The give it a good old stir 


Get about 4 tbsp of fat free yougurt and mix it with 2 tbsp of curry power


I like it hot but mild curry powder can be used instead of you don't like it too spicy. 


Add that mixture to the pot and stir in. 

Make sure it is mixed well together

Then add the cooked rice and a raw beaten egg (the egg can be left out if needed) 



Mix again till it is all combined 


Then make the mixture into balls and places them on a greased baking tray. 



Pop in a 220 oven for 40 minutes and volĂ­ a tasty health snack

Serve with a bit of tzatziki to balance out the heat.



Now they are super delicious and fun to make. 

So I hope a few of you give it a go. 

Right I'm off to back for Amsterdam so excited.

Also of course they be a blog, but do check out my Twitter account @dyslexiccooking or my YouTube channel for not only the Vlog this recipe 
https://youtu.be/XZV6jkZL5Rw but mini Vlog from throughout my trip. 


No comments:

Post a Comment