Monday 12 October 2015

New Way to Poach Eggs

Hello

Just a quick update from me this time round as I'm off to Scotland tomorrow for a week's holiday.

Well as it's my little ones 2nd Birthday (Oh no the terrible 2s lol) we thought we'd head north to visit with some family.

I hope to spend the time walking in the stunning countryside, celebrating the little ones big day to the max and of course eating some nice and sometimes naught (Scottish Fritters - Amazing) food and having a wee dram or two :)

The only thing apart from the normal family cooking I wanted to write about this week is I've just discovered a great new way to poach eggs.

Can't take the credit, I saw a video on Facebook about it. Although this was when I was checking my phone in the middle of the night after the little one decided to get up; so when I went to check again (when I remembered it) I couldn't find it to add the link.

But if the person who posted the video reads this - Well done, you inspired me to try something new and I will now pass that knowledge on.

So what you need to do is get some Cling Film, I think Americans call it Sano Wrap?

Put the film it in a cup or a ramekin add salt pepper and oil. (In the Video they added extra herb, technically you could add anything. OMG just realized I could add cooked Bacon - Right I am doing that next time I have poached eggs.)




Then crack an egg into the center



Twist the top very tight



Then just add them to the boiling water



Cooking time is up to you depending on how runny you want them.

I normally put them in the water then put the toast in the toaster and when the toast pops my eggs are done.

Poached Egg On Toast



Now with writing this down I have realized the potential of this, adding cooked Bacon, adding Chillies, adding peppers adding anything you like;  I will definitely be doing this again.

Oh and it really helps with the washing up as you don't get that stubborn egg film in the pan and reduces the smell when cooking too.

Right signing off now as I need to get packed for my trip; but keep an eye out for next week's as it will contain all the fun and frolics I had north of the boarder.

Shortbread for everyone

No comments:

Post a Comment