Friday 9 October 2015

Mega Sandwich and Meatball Madness



Hello everyone :)

How are you all, I hope you're keeping well. I know I am.

So what have I been up to this week - hmm not lots but enough to keep me out of mischief.

It was a alright weekend in the Garden of England (That's Kent for you that don't know) So I spent a lot of Saturday outdoors with the little lad.

After some fun time in the park which involved 45 minutes of swings  - as from my previous post the little one likes the swings. Trying in vain at the moment to see my apartment to get a bigger place with a Garden and the first thing that I will put in it will be a swing. I still have all the pushing to do but at least I won't have too far to get there lol.

We went for some lunch at The Swan Street Cafe, it's a lovely little local business with good food and really reasonable prices especially compared to some of the other places dotted around where I live. I been in a few times but this is the first time I ordered a Club sandwich and when I say it was huge it was the biggest sandwich I've ever seen and I've eaten sandwiches in the USA lol.



Honestly it was nearly as big as my head (not that I have a huge head :) ) It was so tasty filled with Chicken and sun-dried tomatoes in lovely doorstep toasted bread. The coleslaw that came with it was scrummy too.

As it was so big I only managed to get through half of it before I was so full. The little one enjoyed his Kid sandwich but that was also made from the same size loaf so he could finish his too.

I think it would be the perfect sharing sandwich. I would definitely have it again although think I have to wait till I am mega hungry to finish it off.

On Sunday Hubby and my Father painted the outside of our apartment. So I had them painting, my mother on babysitting duty and I was running about picking up extra paint, paint hook, white spirit made about 5 trips.

Was a busy day and they did a great job and my Mum even with looking after the little ball of energy also known as my sun she managed to cook us all a Sunday Dinner which was yummy. Why is it that you mum's cooking always taste better than anyone else?

I did with all this going on manage to get one big cook on this week.

I made Meatballs with Bacon, Chorizo and Chillies.

for the meatballs I used:

420g of Low Fat Beef Mince
4 Rashes of Reduced Fat Bacon Medallions - chopped
Half a pack of Chorizo - chopped
A couple of medium Hot Chillies - chopped
and 1 egg




Oh and the boys used my big mixing bowl when painting the house so that had to go in the bin so will be getting myself a new big bowl this weekend luckily I have a could of smaller ones that did the job (just).

I added the mince to the bowl



Followed by the Bacon


Chorizo



Chillies



then the Egg



Then bind it all together you might want to use your hands to do this




Then using the mixture mould in to balls shapes I got 9 pretty big meatballs out of my mix.




I then sprayed them with oil and popped them in a 220 oven for 22 minutes




Also when this was happening I put also in to cook a pack of roasting vegetables.

When these were both firmly cooking in a pan I browned off some onions




then added in some chopped tomatoes



and "Oxo" beef stock cube




Then the roasted veg



When the meatballs came out of the oven I placed them in the sauce.







What I was left with was a yummy hearty meal (which is more fitting with the time of year than my Kebabs last week).




I think it really tasty and delectable but that's just my humble opinion lol.

Oh and last thing I am so happy with the result of the Great British Bake Off. for those of you who don't reside in the UK (although I know some country have their own version) it is a baking competition where 10 contest show of the baking skills in the hope of being crown the Winner. There is no prize money the only high octane action is when someone bake goes wrong.


It's one of the most popular shows here in the UK. just goes to show to make a great TV show you need some personable people and fun format and of course baking lol :)







No comments:

Post a Comment