Friday 6 November 2015

A None Post -Post

So yeah this week...

Well I've none hardly any cooking, well if you consider heating up Ramen noodles cooking - Well I've done that and threw some chips in the oven.

Don't worry the little ones been eating better than I have.

The reason two major events have happened - we are moving we have sold our and had an offer accepted on the place we want so hurrah!!!

Although that did mean I spent most of the week on lawyers, the bank sorting out budgets and all the oh so fun stuff you need to do before you can even think about moving. YAWN central.

But I think I'm there in sorting it - well the first bit anyway - can see it being a long process lol.

Second big event we took the little one off the bottle. Now I know he's two (just gone) and we should have done this a while back (okay judgy-mac-judgington) although in our defense we already got him using a straw cup for water so this was just the milk and as he wasn't on a dummy this was definitely a comforter.

This is all joined up with him not being the best talker and considering how much I talk probably can't get a word in. The early years practitioner recommended taking him off it, so we did.

Anyone will tell you with a toddler you take away its comforter and you're in for a few days of stress, like with everything the first day was the worst lost of crying, sad faces and heart wrenching looks. Which make you so so so so so so (x a million) want to give in.

But you can't give in as then you're back to square one. So all the time I have then Mantra of "It for his own good, I am a good parent by doing this".

Also doesn't help if you got to be the strong one with Husband unit, although he wasn't as bad and the grandparents on both side trying to find loop holes of when he could have one. So you had me being the bad guy saying No, No and No again, we going cold turkey.

This gave me a glimpse at my future, me having to be the bad guy in situations just to keep him healthy and safe, oh well I suppose that's one of the curse of being a mother.

As I predicted to my Husband and my family in a few days he would be fine and yesterday and this morning calm has return to the land and the little one as he is fantastic and such a star has taken it in his stride and is fine.

Not sure who told me this but I always employ the 72 hour rule. With kids, honestly if you can get through the first 72 hours they will be fine with and change. I can't promise the 72 hours wont be horrid and feel like 72 years but I found it really does work.

So now we have a happier home environment, I will get my pans out do something nice over the weekend.
As I picked up a fantastic cooking book - Slimming World Christmas cook book. So excited about the festive season 7 weeks today yay.

Have been watching the John Lewis Christmas Ad and yes I did cry. If you're not based in the UK John Lewis is one of our Big department stores and their Adverts have become a bit of a tradition her in the UK. There always make you feel warm and fuzzy inside. This year it about a Lonely Old Man that lives in the Moon and a kid on earth see him and tries her hardest to get in touch to bring a smile to his face for Christmas. Awwwwwwwwwwwwwww

I do so love christmas and have already started getting my Decorations sorted (I like to stress not up just pre-planning)  this year considering I got some Christmas Hedgehogs, a Christmas Squirrel, a Christmas Field Mouse and a Christmas Fox I have decided my theme this year will be Woodland Creatures.

Planing for the festivities can never start early enough so get you idea hats on for your festive fun.

I'll be back next week with a bit of cooking and then next weekend I'm going (again) to the Netherlands for fun with the girlies so there will be a lot of food and drink to talk about then.

No comments:

Post a Comment