Wednesday 11 November 2015

Christmas and the Low Fat Pizza

Hi Guys

so after the inactive (by ways of cooking) active (by ways of everything thing else) last week I managed to get back in the Kitchen yay.

Well not after going out to look for some decoration and coming across this rather creep snowman.



The little one was less than impressed lol.

I had time to make a lovely low fat "Cauliflower and Sprout Based Pizza" okay not as doughy as a normal pizza which I do adore - mmmm Dominos 

But if you trying (mostly in vain, like me) to loose weight especially before the festive season. As I know we'll all say no, I'll be good and won't go mad and then by new year you've realized you have eaten enough to feed a village for a year and drunk enough to fill in the local swimming pool you won't fall to far into your pit of regret. This is a healthy alternative.

A really simple and fun thing to do - good for gluten free and with a few tweaks to topping can even be a vegan meal (Although as my version contains topping of Egg, Cheese and ham definitely would need them removed lol)

So to make the base it very easy just get a Cauliflower and some sprouts:



Prepare them for cooking, Don't know why but my mother always says when you cook sprouts you need to put a cross in them and as the old adage goes "Mother Knows Best" so I do it too.


Cook in water now normally if you were having these as a side you would cook them for 15-20 minutes depending on how soft or firm you wanted them but for the pizza base I would say 25 minutes to get them nice and soft for mashing.


Once cooked drain the veg thoroughly then mash together. (some people add an egg to this mix to get them to bind better, but I find it works well without it.)



Prepare a baking tray line it with baking parchment and add some spray oil



Then add the mixture to the paper spreading it then and even and trying to shape it into a circle. I know mines a bit cack-handed but I am dyslexic and dyspraxia I find fiddle stuff sometimes difficult.



doesn't matter too much as when you put the topping on it will look awesome.

So you need to place that in a 200 degree oven for around 18-20 minutes - till the sizes start crisping up.





Once that's done take out of the oven and leave to cool. Then you can choose and add your topping - anything you want it's up to you.

I added:



cheese, Peppers, Tomatoes, chilies, Prosciutto and an egg.

I fried of the peppers a little first as I find they cook better.

Then for the Pizza I add a Tomato Puree and spread it evenly across the base.



Then you can arrange the topping in anyway you see fit.


then back in the oven at 180 for around 12 minutes.

What you are left with is a yummy low fat and healthy Faux Pizza.



Honestly it is so filling I had this over 3 meals as it was so big.

even something fun to do with the kids as, as soon as you have the base you can let them go mad throwing the topping on. I use to make french bread pizza with my mum when I was young and it was always one of our favorite meals.

So glad I got time to do some cooking this week as we still in pre moving hell. I hate all this stuff as there are so many forms to fill in and people to contact and anyone reading this who is dyslexic knows that form are a big pain in the pants. coupled that with the added stress as there are legal documents and you want to make sure they are filled in exactly right.

But the more stressed you get the worse your dyslexia gets. I really hate the process hopefully in years to come they might make it easier for us lot. but until then I'll go back to pulling my hair out and quadruple checking then getting my mum to check everything I do.

Couple this with the little ones new hobby of putting his toys down the loo ~(UK Slang for toilet) would show you a picture but I didn't think it was seemly putting a pic of the Bog (Another UK slang for Toilet) on a blog about food - somehow I don't think they go. This also cause further distress and he was not happy that I wouldn't let him have the toys back straight after I removed them from the toilet. Evil Mummy wanting to wash them so they were clean lol...

Thank goodness I am off to the Netherlands for a break this weekend, it can't come soon enough.. That does mean however that next week's blog will be full of fun, food and fantastical stories of our antics lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment