Thursday 10 March 2016

Moving madness and vegetable

So we moving tomorrow, arrrghhh!! Okay I am calm.

So haven't been doing much cooking - anything I can throw in the oven between packing boxes has been the order of the day. 


The only thing I really did was try to make some vegetables fun as I am, in vain, still trying to diet.

So I took a potato, a sweet potato , carrots and swede.

Chopped the up and cooked them for about 20/25 minutes till they were really soft.


Then I pureed them all together.


Took a pre-spray oil baking tray (with baking parchment) and scoped out balls of the vegetable mix.


Put them in the oven for 15 minutes. 

I then took them out and added a small sprinkling of low fat cheese and put them back in for another 10 minutes.





What you end up with is some lovely veggie cheesy yumminess.


Which are tasty and healthy at the same time and I think make veggie a bit more interesting.


Although now thinking about it you could add the cheese into the middle of the veg balls so when you cut in you got melty cheese. Hmmm interesting think I might need to do that next time.



No comments:

Post a Comment