Sunday 28 February 2016

Winner, winner Sunday Dinner


Sorry bit late in posting but in the final stages of moving so try (and failing) to get the final bits done before we have to actually move.

But to cheer myself up we too a trip to the Disney Store my little chap got an Olaf  who join us for Lunch and I got this amazingly gorgeous cute little Tsum Tsum Jabba the Hut.. 



I also added to my happy by getting this uber sparkly office shoes  They have sandals too so I think I might be force to shop again to add to my sparkly collection. lol


We went out for an Amazing Sunday dinner  at the North Pole Pub  I've reviewed that pub before when we went in the summer but I haven't been for the Sunday Dinner yet so this was a treat.

Now being from the UK it's a good bet that I love a sunday dinner.  It's like a ritual well it was every Sunday when I was growing up. No so much now as it's a lot of work so unless my Mother offers to do it (and to be fair hers are much better than mine) I only do it on rare occasion. Also as they are super yummy but lots of calories.

Now the one at the North Pole is a Carvery so you can pick your own meats and veg I went for beef and turkey, with roast potateos, cabbage, cauliflower cheese (love it) carrots, parsnip, stuffing and a yorkshire pudding topped up with gravy. It was A-Maz-ing delicous and you can tell it was all freshly cooked. it was only £10 so a bargin for all that you got. have to say definitely try this place if you are looking for a good Sunday lunch.


They do a kids plate too save process just a smaller plate but as you can choose he had the beef and I filled it up with all the little ones favourite veg and he enjoyed it just as much as the rest of us. We sent back all the plates empty :) 

For dessert (so yes the diet is going well), they do have an fantastic dessert menu with loads of classic puddings, I had bread and butter pudding with custard.. I did share it with my little pudding pop so felt less guilty about getting it. 


I do like a classic English dessert but this had a twist and came with chocolate chips (traditional raisins) which I though was really neat idea and will definitely be pinching it when I make this in the future.


The hubby had the apple pie and ice cream.

That was great too, the only down side and this is totally just my weirdness but in winter I want hot desserts so the fact he had it with Ice cream put me off a bit. If it was custard or just warm on its own it would have been perfect (Okay I know that crazy but hey it's my blog and I can be crazy if I want too).

Oh and on the bar they had this lovely working mini carousel 

In was so detailed and really beautiful although I did worry about it being on the bar as I don't think delicate ornaments and alcohol mix lol :) 


So all in all a great lunch a great venue and a group of very full people :P


What with everything going on very little cooking took place this week. The only thing I did manage to cook up was a yummy vegetable risotto topped off with salmon (see pervious post for the recipe).


Hopefully this will go some way to compensate for the not so healthy but super yummy Sunday Lunch 

Well ta-tar for now and hopefully next week if things have calmed down, I highly doubt they would have I'll have a yummy recipe for you all :) 







No comments:

Post a Comment