Tuesday 9 February 2016

The Peri peri pork problems and Suspended Cocktails

So I decided to make the Slimming World Peri Peri Pork recipe.

so I tootled off to my local supermarket to get the ingredients and I'm not sure what locust got there before me but there was hardly anything on the shelves.

So instead of Pork I got Turkey and i picked up some winter veg and they were out of Onions, Nightmare

So my list of ingredients was:
Peri Peri seasoning
Chilli Flakes
Passata 500g
Chopped tomatoes 500g
Veg 
Turkey 


So I cooked of the turkey


and placed it in a big dish along with the veg. 


in another bowl I mixed the chopped tomatoes with the Passata adding in some Peri Peri season and Chili flakes (This part is up to you to make it as spice as you want so for me extra spicy lol). 

I also added a Veg Oxo (stock) Cube and 50 ml of boiling water.


Although I need to learn not to cook and look for a Holiday at the same time as the results can be a bit messy. 


I threw the tomato mix over the turkey and the veg and through in a 200 degree oven for 35 minutes.


Pulling it out all bubbly and hot.


I tried to be healthy and team it with Veg.


It was okay, but not amazing. The vegetables weren't as soft as they could have been. So it tasted a lot better the next day when I microwaved it for left overs lunch.

But not to be dissuaded as it was such a simple recipe with, I think, a lot of potential, I made it again.

This time I got pork  yay, I got Onion and I swapped the Vegetables for Sweet Potato and Courgettes (Zucchini).

OMG what a difference this was; now turn from Hmmm to Marvelous, I really liked it and as it was slimming world low in fat but honestly high in flavour. It's only really the prep as I par boiled the potatoes but it is one of those recipes where you can throw it all in and then stick it in the over. Quick, easy, tasty, Job Done lol.

Also in my travel over the past week visited a wonderful Cocktail bar, I only managed to go for one as we were heading on to another event.

But I went to the The Artesian Bar  located in the Langham Hotel in London.

My Cocktail was called Suspended in Time - Star of Bombay, Lime, Niaouli, Yarrow, Palmarosa



This wonderful cocktail came in a mesh bag which you can suspend over the table while wearing this fetching ring. So drink with a bit of Bling truly Amazing. 



It was more of a spectacle rather than drink in a bar, although a bit pricey definitely worth a visit. I for one will be saving up my pennies to give it another go and try some more of their works of art, sorry I mean cocktails lol...





No comments:

Post a Comment