Wednesday 27 January 2016

No Wine (Wait, What!!) Risotto

Two posts in the same week I am spoiling you lol.

Also this is a cooking post yay - give the public what they want, even if they don't know they want it :)

So back from the Yummy Scrumminess of Scotland and with having all the fun and the drinks, it's back to the diet (Boo) but I get to try out new things so (Yay).

So I decided to make Risotto, I adore Risotto and I have a lovely summer recipe (which I will do this summer as I can take shots in my new Garden whoop whoop) of a Lemon Chicken and Spring Onion Risotto that I do  make with wine.

But as it winter and not the nicest weather here in Kent I wanted to stick with a more winter theme and because I was dieting I omitted the wine. 

So I decided to make Mushroom and Leek Risotto.

Actually a really easy recipe taking about 15-20 minutes but for the whole time you need to be on it.


For the ingredients I used, Risotto Rice, Stock Cubes , Mushroom (chopped), Quark and a bag of sliced leeks (Yes I know that make me super lazy) 


So for this recipe you need a bit of stock - I used three cubes in 1/2 Litre nearly a pint of water. 


So as usual I used spray oil and emptied about 200g of Risotto Rice in to the pan gave it a bit of a stir for 1 -2 minutes. This is when I would normally add a glass of wine and cook it down - 



Instead I just added the stock, bit by bit.


When it was around half way through the stock and about 5- 6 minutes into cooking time along with the stock I added in the chopped up mushrooms - I cooked the leeks separately in another pan as I like my leeks nice an tender. 


I cooked this for about another 10 minutes before adding the leeks, really easy but you have to keep stirring which is normally fine, but as any parent out there know that getting a toddler to behave for a few minutes is an achievement but 15 straight minutes without need to help them with something is hard. So memo to me next time making this either the other half needs to be about or he's in bed as I only managed to just save it from all sticking to the bottom of the pan doh. 



After I added the leeks I stirred in a spoonful of the quark to give it a slightly creamy texture then serve. 


Quick easy and yummy. I had so much that the next day I even managed to use the left over.

I roasted some skin free chicken breast which I added some chili and roasted tomatoes along with it. So still really healthy but another added twist to it. 




On both accounts a very filling tasty meal which is great when you're dieting as there is nothing worse than being hungry after dinner as I find for me that is optimum snacking time.


Although saying that I have now become obsessed with Muller light yogurts, I never had these two flavors before but they are supper yummy.



I even mixed in Raspberry with the Vanilla Chocolate Sprinkle one for a between meal pick me up. .




And my other favorite of their's the Banana and Custard, I had with Blueberries as a quick breakfast treat at work.











No comments:

Post a Comment