Monday 11 January 2016

Slow blog start to a Mad New Year

Belated Happy New Year

Okay it been 3 weeks since my last post okay, okay I know that is a bit crap but I can explain..

It been Christmas, New Year back to work, back on the Diet oh and we nearly sorted out the move...

So I been very, very, very busy.

So not to bore you great Christmas with the family, Quiet New Years eve as I couldn't get a baby sitter and after putting on 4 lb (1.5kg) on through eating I've gone back to health living with a bang.

So I made a few of my favs:

Chicken, Pasta (Wholemeal) and Veg mixed with low fat cheese spread and hot sauce so yummy.



Low fat fry ups - using spray oil to cook and have all the fat cut of the bacon also absence of toast (boo)


For the potato cakes just par boil a potato cut in half for 6 minutes then grate, mix with Egg and add any veg up like I just added some onion but mushroom and peppers would have been nice too.

Throwing left over chicken in with store bought salads


Oh and one of my big winter favs - Cottage Pie as I'm using Beef Mince

So fry off some onions


Add some 5% fat mince and cook off


Then add some carrots and peas with some beef stock



Place into a dish then add a layer of carrot, swede and potato mash.



Throw in the oven at 200 degrees for 30 mins.



Server up with some greens 



and Viola a healthy but hearty meal to help in these winter months. 



I even managed to make some salmon Stir Fry


Oven cooked some Salmon then stirfry cabbage mushroom, beansprouts, carrot and onion add some cooked dried noodles and another health and supper yummy low fat meal.



If by now and if you read any of my previous post notice the stark absence of the lack of drink or the odd dessert. Well we have decided that we are definitely going to Disney.

As my folks are away towards the end of the year we thought this would be the perfect time for a trip so excited. But I want to be fit, healthy and looking good when I meet Mickey lol 

2 comments:

  1. Kate, I know how life gets in the way of blogging! I've been blogging once a week for 6 years and have no idea how so many bloggers post several times a week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right, especially with working and a child the fact that I can post once a week is a miracle lol...

      Delete