Thursday 28 April 2016

Farmers market munchies


Hello Everyone!

How are you doing? Hope you are all well, yes? good!

Well I'm feeling better now was feeling a bit poorly ("Aww", thank you for the concern lol). So I went to the only cure for sickness - Honestly I think Doctors should recommend it - Heinz Cream of Chicken Soup. I have been having this when I'm sick ever since I was a kid makes me feel all warm and toasty inside.


This week I would like to dedicate my blog to my local Farmers Market in the little Town of West Malling.

So for those of you who don't know or didn't read my Bio (Fores-shame) I currently live in Kent which is known as the garden of England - and why yes it is very green a pretty and there are a lot of farms and fresh produce producers around.

So once a Month, the last Sunday of every month, the close down the High Street and we have a market.

It was a bit grey and rain but as a family we ventured out. 


For a small market they do sell a lot of stuff of different varieties. I do normally love McCarthy's bread but by the time I got there they had already sold out of the roasted pepper focaccias bread (Super sad faces in our household I can tell you)


And my favourite cookie stall "Thomas Cookies" was there, I even have a loyalty card saving up to get a free cookie which will probably be on my next trip!


And stall selling meat, fish, cakes, Indian food, drink and even a knife sharping dude - But as I don't normally carry my kitchen Knifes out with me I couldn't really use the service lol :)


Total side bar issue, as my blog wouldn't be my blog without me go off on a tangent! But the West Malling Tesco have totally upped their America Food Game - Reminds me of holidays and fun Although it is mostly verging on the sweet side could really do with a couple of savories like Mac-n-Cheese that orange kind you only get state side yummy.


Back to the market, we had a great time looking at all the stalls and having a chit chat with the producers think I might have to periscope it next time.

I got some lovely treats to enjoy at home.

the first was an onion bhaji - I was so useless and didn't get the name of the stall I promise if they are there next time I will get a snap and the name and they where doing curry also, so will need to try that.


Oh and of course got cookies - 3 to be exact, 2 chocolate chip ones for the Hubby and I had the oat and raisian one, I pretend as there's oat and Fruit technically it a health food lol - Well all I know is they are so tasty, very moist and chewy - Glad I only see him once a month as the diet is already awful so the last thing I need is ready access to more cookies. 


Sorry for the gratuitous shot of my bitten into cookie, but my god it was scrummy!!! mmmm cookies



We picked up some precious porkers sausages, they had some out for people to try. I thought they were great, the Husband thought they were great, but the total seal of approval came from the little one we gave him a try and he wolfed it down, he even wanted a second bite.

So with that resounding success of a tasting we had to get a pack, also the good thing is the pig are hand raised and really looked after which is good and is reflected in the taste.



We even got some Scotch Pies form Sussex Pies



Now I've never had a Scotch Pie that wasn't in Scotland, but I'm alway up to try new things.


So we have it the way the Hubby family who are Scottish have them with beans on top. 


And I can say it taste exactly the same (might even be a bit better) as the pies I have had north of the boarder. 

The Hubby gave his scottish side seal of approval too :) 

Picked up some fab meringues too, didn't get the name of this stall either but in my defence I was going to but at that point the heavens opened so need to get to cover to get the little one out of the hail - yep the spring weather in the UK has been utter crap. 




have to say it was a nice meringue crunch on the outside and a bit chewy on the inside the only issue I had was it was supposed to be chocolate but didn't taste chocolaty at all.


And the last item on my list was some lovely Rasberry Gin (Had to get the small one as they sold out of the bigger) although the lovely suppliers Wild Spirits of Kent will definitely have some more in at the next market yay.


had it with some soda water and it was lovely Although glad I got the small one as it went down far to easily lol 



So a great trip to a great little market, and its always good to buy local and you're helping a small business and your also helping the environment,  as you not getting the food miles you get from some products you pick up in the supermarket.

so if you have a farmers market near you please go have a great time exploring and you might even end up with a few lovely little treats like me :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment