Friday 15 April 2016

Running far-away and a takeaway

Hello my foodie friends, how the devil are you doing?


So I've done something a bit Crazy I've signed up for the Wine and Dine Disney Half Marathon.. What no.. that's mental, I hear you cry... Definitely I don't know what came over me I think I got confused by the word wine and went on from there.

Lol but in all seriousness I am very excited about it and means that I will definitely be out at Disney World in November for some Sun, Run and now a big run 13.1 miles. As as the run will take in a couple of the theme parks before they open it will give me a unique perspective of the parks I've never seen before.
 I am feeling good and so positive that I'm doing something that will not only encompass one of my Favorite things,Disney, it will also benefit me in so many other ways,

So in prep I've been doing the Park Run, An amazing 5k run that is free to all and get you out and get you fit. I did the first 5k in 40 Minutes 30 seconds and the next one in 38 minutes 34 seconds so getting better. 



Although bit of a political rant one totally misguided council want people to start paying to use their public park to run. So I don't do this often but if you read this could you please sign the petition  to keep it free.Thanks! 

So been a bit of a mad week my Mother in Law has been staying with us to help look after the little one when I'm at work, normally my mum does it but while she's recovering, MIL came to the rescue as have you seen the cost of child care (eep).

It also enable me to have a night out as my boss was leaving, was fun but got a bit mess, which was great as we all had a big meeting the next day. But I got up got myself together and did my work while quietly dying. Darn you aging as in my 20's would have even made and impact (although that was probably a bad thing lol).



The downside is this did necessitate me needing a burger on the train home after the meeting, mmm greasy bad stuff is the best hangover cure bar non.. (I know I profess the benefit of Avocado on toast, which is great for a hangover) but sometimes only a burger or chips will do. 



As the MIL been down and I've had to work we have had a couple of take aways, As my Hubby was away I finally got to try my local Thai place Thai Moom, As Hubby is allergic to nuts we normally avoid that sort of food. 

But I managed to get some Pad Thai in with dumplings and chicken Satay. It was really nice but don't know if it was extra yummy as it was forbidden fruit. I always remember Eddie Murphy Cracker Sketch lol (It a bit rude) and the fact dinner came with Cracker make it funnier (Well to me) 



Also as it's my birthday soon I was drawn to the cake aisle in Asda and came across this, I am not sure what the Cat is angry about but now that's the sort of cake I want on my birthday to reflect the disappointment that is always come with getting another year old lol - Actually the older I get the more fun I seem to have so bring it on!!  



The crazy thing about moving is I spend a load of time in Ikea, then followed by arguments as swearing lots when trying to assemble flat pack furniture.

But what the best thing about Ikea - The meatballs I hear you all cry- If you don't like the meatball there is something slightly wrong with you lol :) 

So I bought all the ingredient and tried to make my own


It went pretty well (chips from the local chippy (UK name for Fish & Chip Shops)) I found the key is to make the gravy with double cream then thin it out if needed with a bit of milk. I was just like being in the store only less chaotic and I didn't walk away with an assortment of cushions.


Last bit of the week as it has been pretty slow, working, commuting, running and have a guest doesn't leave a lot of time for anything else.

We did however manage a cheeky trip to Bluewater, they had a  Leeds Castle display, I know I've blogged about Leeds Castle before, it's amazing and if your are ever in Kent (It not in Leeds I know confusing) you have to give it a visit.

The even had some prop chain mail which the other half had to try on. Actually it fit him perfectly. Which looked good but now he has some crazy idea about wanting to buy a set. We were only lucky they didn't sell them in the store you have to go to the castle to get them (Hopefully his desire to own a set will wear off in the coming weeks before we go back). 


As it was a nice day out we stopped in Giraffe for some lunch. I managed to get in one of my favorite drinks their Melon Margarita... oohhh so fresh... ooohhh so tasty... oooh I want another one right now.



The food is pretty good there too, Hubby had their Duck Salad.


I had their rice dish it was really tasty it reminded me of the rice dishes I got in Malaysia so with that and the Melon Margarita it made me think of holidays, nice food, nice drink shame about the British weather lol.


No comments:

Post a Comment