Friday 15 July 2016

Happy to go to the Wonderful Kent Show


So it was the Kent show this past weekend.

It's amazing (see last years blog) I've been for the last 3 years and always have a good time.

It full of querky things. I especially like this fake lawn dino.


It has live stock show and give out awards.

In the below picture I think the middle one should win best cow butt, hmm I wonder if they would let me hold that award next year - will send an email lol.


Not only do they give awards out for live-stock but also for fruits. veg and Flowers.

We found the winner of the best onions - yay them!!

Growing and showing Veg isn't my thing but it really cool to see people and their passions and I hope the person who won, show their veg credentials with pride :) 

They also have loads of food and drink stations - I cover everything I drank that day in my Vlog so exciting about Vlogging, but so need to get better talking to the camera, might have to do a video of the out takes of me sounding more wooden than a forest lol.

But a cocktail van is always a good idea,


They also have an array of old motorbikes and Cars.


They even had a old chevvy pick up truck painted in a beautiful green colour. such an amazing car it's so pretty and I want one.

Couldn't you see me rocking around the streets in Kent driving this and having Dolly pumping out of the Stereo

Also got see to a bit of Royalty - I always move in the best of circles - The Duke of Kent was there to open the show and meet some of the people working there.


Amazing day out for a bit of family time too, as my son was very interested in the Tractors, boys and their toys! 

Well Kent is the garden of England so a lot of farming goes on so was great to see all the machinery that goes into it. Although I hate being stuck behind one on the little Kent Country Roads


The food places are amazing too, I had a fantastic Pad Thai. 


My Husband found a great food place The Duck Truck  the staff was lovely and the other half said it was amazing well it must have been as I didn't get a taste (Rude lol) I did try to explain that I needed to try so I could tell you lovely people about it but he wasn't having any of it.


There was lots of shop and vendors, although as I've had a few birthday this month and it was the week before payday so didn't buy much.

But I found these amazing guys who made flavoured Gin.

The foxdenton dudes had amazing customer chit chat and were telling me all about the process and let me try a few flavours and it a real family business with their Dad running the instagram account -@foxdentonestate 


I picked up some of their Award winning Rhubarb gin - It is so nice on it own but also with a some Fever tree tonic - Yum Yum and thrice yum.


I also picked up a small bottle of Pinkster to try as the big bottles were a bit to pricey. This little one alone cost me a fiver (£5).

but I gave it a go with some lovely Tonic and added in a few Raspberries to fruity it up.

Was refreshing and tasted nice and would defintiely have it again but I do think I like the Rhubarb Gin better. 


So that the Kent show over with for another year boo!! have to wait till July 2017 but now you all know how amazing it is you can make your plans and attend next year.

Hopefully by then I will get much better at Vlogging so can show you a lot more.

The only other thing of Note I did this week was go to PainsHill Park it a lovely park with Follys and nock and crannies to explore.

They even have a Vinyard


They have lovely array of birds and animals - but the Swans are a bit scary



So a great family day out the only problem is they toilets are only at both end of the park and its a big park so if you're stuck in the middle and need to wee its a hell of a long way to go.








No comments:

Post a Comment