Friday 7 October 2016

Scotland Run and a Run

So went to Scotland to visit the in laws


Now for any of you who have read my blog before you know they live right near Loch Lomond the gateway to the fabulous countryside.

So we always do a lot of the same thing but his time we ventured out a bit more, get me, changing my routine - I shall alert the media lol.

So we went to the Falls of Falloch - such a beautiful waterfall and it's also a short walk from the car park which is great with a little one.

It all seems very mystical I'm surprised I didn't see an fairies or sprites :) 


Also on the way back home got to visit a great pub call The Drovers Inn it's over 300 years old and Rob Roy drank there. 


It's also supposed to be haunted. 



Don't know about the Haunting but it did have some nice spirits, to drink (See what I did there lol).

The bar staff are really knowledgeable and help me pick a lovely Whiskey that was nice and smooth.


It also a beautiful trip trip back through some stunning scenery 


We then headed to the pub Oak Tree Inn in Balmaha for some food. I had a lovely Scottish Smoked Salad and a cheeky wine.

It was so lovely, fresh and tasty and was very nice paired with a Pinot,



They also Dumpling which is kinda like Christmas pudding. Not 100% sure what it was all I know it was yummy and would definitely have it again..



Or the sticky toffee pudding my other half had, honestly I only tasted it so I could report back to you lot - well that's what it told him :) 



As with any trip to Scotland we visited the Loch Lomond Sealife Centre. It's so near to where we were staying and the little one loves it.

Now it's not the biggest sealife centre about, but it does have a great array of sea-life :)


We made the most of staying with the inlaws and got a couple of dining out chances without the little one.

We went lunch at The Balloch House they have a nice selection of wine and also my current favourite tipple Black Cow Vodka but as we were having Italian I paired it with a lovely Rose



We order off their Pizza menu - really reaonably priced around £10 each and they were huge.


Just look at the size of them, I pretended I was healthy and had a salad as a side order, Paul went for Chips


You could tell they were hand made and they tasted divine especially for the price. I left feeling very full.

I would definitely recommend it to anyone who is visiting that area.

The next day to burn off the pizza calories we visited Loch Katrine where as it was such a nice day we hired bikes - the bike rental for all three of us for the hour was on £21 


It was the first time the little one had ever been on a bike, well in a wagon on a back of a bike (it was really hilly so glad the hubby was pulling him along instead of me lol).


It is such beautiful countryside and the little one just loved it.

Honestly if I could get paid to write I would seriously consider moving up there as he thought it was great as he could just run and run and run.

Unfortunately the demand for dyslexic travel and food writers aren't that plentiful. I have no idea why :) oh well guess I have to stick to the 9-5.


But back to how beautiful it was amazing sky, wonderful mountains and fantastic Loch that make you want to dive in - well that is if it wasn't so cold and you remembered to bring your swim suit 



I could have stayed looking at the water for hours. But the bikes needed to be back.



It was a bit of a flying visit, but no trip to Scotland would be complete without a cheeky night out at Cameron House- it where we got married so has a special place in our hearts.

It also a stunning hotel and it everything you would expect from a Scottish Hotel. tartan on the walls, big roaring fires and a great selection of whisky. Although I had a couple of wines.



We also paired the wine with a couple of snack, a fantastic baked Camembert.


and a ham, Cheese and Bread-stick board (with a couple of cheeky olives.


The perfect accompaniment to a nice cold glass of wine.

The staff and the service is totally amazing as well, they really take care of you.

Also when I say they have a great selection of whiskey's I really mean it.



But I had to head back as I was taking part in a 5k run for Race for Life Cancer Research with a few of my friends.



But it wasn't just a normal 5k it was a Pretty Muddy 5k meaning the course was punctuated with fun obstacles full of mud.


Well apart from the space hopper challenge bit, I haven't been on a space hopper in years but glad I still remember how to do it and didn't totally embarrass myself


So it was lots of fun and I made it through till the end still smiling.



To prove how muddy it actually was here is a before and after picture.

Unfortunetly the white top could not be saved and had to go in the bin.

But the good news is we raised around £1500 which will go to help fund research to help find a cure for this awful disease.

It was also good prep for my Run Disney Half Marathon that is coming up in November super excited and super scared all at the same time, fingers crossed I can get round - will keep you posted. 

No comments:

Post a Comment