Sunday 22 February 2015

Week of love, New Year and Ping Pong

Haven't posted in a week sorry but it been a bit of a busy week.

First off it was Valentine's Day. Being dyslexic I hate write cards as I'm alway worried my heart felt sentiments won't be conveyed due to a spelling or grammar error.

Being diagnosed with dyslexia a bit later in life,I did find out till I was 21, so I still carry the scars of people laughing at my writing at school. I'm still afraid of errors. Like I probably won't ever re-read a post after it's gone live as if I see a glaring error the shame will set in and the embarrassment of getting something so obvious wrong.

Any who, I managed to write the card and we had a lovely day especially as I got to see my Nephew for extra cuddles . I also for the first time got two cards alright one was from the husband and the other one from the little man but as I love them both more than words can say it was great. 


Also as a special Valentine Treat had some Heck 'Peck' sausages which where lovely really nice and a cute way to add a bit of food love to Valentine's Day.



I did a lot of cooking over the last week Started out with a great Pastry Free Quiche. 

Really easy to make just Mike 5 eggs with 300g of low fat cottage cheese. Then just add what you want to the quiche in this one I added chicken, onion, mushrooms and Chilli powder for an extra kick.


I also made Rosted Veg Spag Bol. 

Rosted Bell Peppers (Red and Yellow) Red Onion, Baby Plum Tomatoes and Mushrooms.

I then browned 500g of Turkey Mince with tomato Passta, added some herbs and hey presto a yummy meal.


On Wednesday I went out for a Curry with the Train Girls. Tried to be good had Chicken Tikka meat and boiled rice although we did have wine in my defence it was S's birthday. 


The next day was Chinese New Year. Happy Year of the Goat Everyone. It was the Hubby turn to cook and he did a lovely Stir Fried Beef with Noodles


Then to finish off this full week I went out yesterday afternoon early evening to Bounce Ping Pong bar for my Mate L (who came with us to Center Parcs) birthday. So there was Fizz there was cake and there was Ping Pong


I am truly awful at Ping Pong I hit everyone who had the unfortunate position of being in a 3 foot area of me swinging my bat. 

Even with my totally lack of skills I had a fun night and I recommend this even if you are as useless as me. 



No comments:

Post a Comment