Tuesday 3 March 2015

Sadness, happiness and Cinnabon


Going to start off my Blog this week with a recipe as I might get a bit maudlin later on as I went to a funeral so if you're just looking for tasty recipe I made Char-grilled vegetable with Turkey on a bed of rocket.

so simple just char-grill any vegetables you want. I had Courgette, Tomatoes, Onions and Mushrooms. Stir Fry some Turkey with a bit of 5 spice then layer the rocket Veg and Turkey you can add a bit of Soy sauce if you like.

But it super health and super yummy. 


I also got to visit Oxford Street last week in between meetings. I got to go to one of my Favorite places the Disney Store and found Wandering Oaken Trading Post - unfortunately they weren't having a big summer blow out :)

I did how ever pick up two lovely Mickey one just a standard plush toy and the over a baby comforter for my friends little 4 month old. The staff were also extra lovely I did tell a manager how nice everyone was. As normally people only complain in stores. I think if I get bad service I'll complain I must on the flip side mention when I get outstanding service. 

Then when I went to get to the Tube at Bond Street Station, I found a Cinnabon concession stand. I don't think you understand how excited I was. I love these little fellows and consider it a major treat when I visit the USA.


My Favorite Cinnabon store is the one on Universal Studio Orlando City Walk. Every time I visit Universal Studio I have to pop in there for a sticky Bun. So now I have a place in England to go. Also as I'm not up Oxford Street very often it will still remain a treat food. As I could eat my body weight in these if given the chance. 

I got myself a Mini Chocolate one and very please to say it was a nice as the one in Orlando. Although did get some disparaging looks while scoffing it down on the Tube.


We also after the meeting have cake at work. As I had the Cinnabon I did not partake but they did look lovely and thought they deserved a picture :) 


Right Fun part over now for the sad part of my week. I had to attend a funeral don't want to go into too much detail as it's not fair for me to share others grief. Just to say it was for two people one of the had a good long life the other one didn't.

The thing that struck me was just how sad it was. I know funerals are sad but why. As death is the only thing in life that we can guarantee will happen. We've had thousands and thousands of years of the great circle of life you would think by now we would cope with it better.

I was crying along with the rest of the attendees so I just as bad as everyone else. I assume we're mostly sad about not see the person again or wrestling with our own mortality.

I personally am not scared of dying: although would like another 50-60+ years before it comes along. I just wish there was a way of it being less or a traumatic experience and we could deal with it better as a society. 

 I also was so upset for my friends as they were effect by two losses and when I saw how upset they where my heart broke. Empathy plays a big part in these processes.

I think I just want a change so it  takes away peoples pain. I would hate to cause my friends and family so much distress when I pass away.

Well that's Life I suppose and change nature of it, as the next day I went to visit my friends 4 month old that I bought the Mickey's  for. He was so cute and I got lots of cuddles even though my little was very upset with his mummy having hugs with anyone but him.

So a weeks of ups and downs and lots of thinking about life. I know I'm lucky alright there's thing I want to change like having more money and a better job, don't we all. But I am amazingly blessed and I just need to remember that more as we all need to enjoy life while we can ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment