Monday 23 March 2015

Best Flight Ever & Giant Prawns

So We've made it to the wonderful Mayalsia. 

Can I just say it's amazing only been here two full days and I've fallen in love with the city. 

Getting here was also actually a pleasent experience. How? I hear you say, especially with a toddler as we all know long haul and little ones aren't the perfect mix but I think I found the solution, Emirates. Especially Emirates Business class, if you can. Truth be told our upgrade was a lovely Crimbo gift from my Father in Law. It made all the difference as the little one had to be on one of our laps.

It wasn't only the leg room the staff were so nice honestly the friendliest and most helpful people I've ever come across flying. 

It all started in the airport lounge, getting us water to heat up the babies food, another person finding us toys for the little and the rest taking the time to interact with him when ever he toddled by. (As it was such a big space he had to do a lot of exploring). 



I even found time to have a bit of a relax when the hubby took the little one on a wander 



The first leg of our trip was on the A380 a very swish plan, I could see what all the fuss was about. The friendliness of the staff continued with a cuddle toy with a blanket for the little one and a drink a some nibbles for me and there was ample room for both of us.


The food on the flight was also amazing I had a lovely Mezza 


While watching 'The Penguin of Madagascar'. The food I have to say for airline food was top notch; and I don't actually mind the bog standard airline food.

It was well presented and I liked the fact I had options. There was other snack on board if you were still peckish and a bar, didn't  get a pic as I only saw it in passing with a little one to settle I couldn't really make use of it. But the patron using it looked like they were having fun. 

We had a stop over in Dubai. The airport is fab and they also have Emirates strollers you can borrow to get the little one around. We headed straight for the lounge and found a little play which the little one enjoyed exploring they also have fountains which enthralled him.  


Then it was off on the second leg of our trip to Kuala Lumpur. The plane was an older A777-300, but what it lacked compared to the A380 (even though it was a perfectly nice plan) it was made up for but the brilliant and I do mean totally brilliant staff. They couldn't do enough,  so helpful.

More toys to keep the little one amused and the even took some Polaroids of him in a captains hat as a momento of the trip. 

The boys got some more sleep, so I got to have a relax another nice meal and a couple of movies. A little oasis of calm  which I thought was impossible when flying with an infant.

Although now I have definitely spoilt myself for other flights. I don't think I can go back, will have to have long periods between holidays now so I can save up to get this comfort and service all the time. 

As now I've had a bite know I definitely want another.

Arried in KL the least flustered I've ever been getting off a plane and was met by two things an emence wall of heat and my in laws. The heat is just amazing and was very welcome as leaving a near freezing mostly wet England to a humid tropical lo-cal is just what I needed. (Fingers crossed the weather perks up a bit for our return).

Got a taxi in to the heart of town back to the in laws apartment in a lovely block just round the corner from the Petronas twin towers. As we arrived in the evening and wanting to get our body clocks sorted we got some sleep. 

Our first day in KL was a slow paced affair we walked round to get a closer look at the towers that dominate the skyline. 


They are really beautiful but I don't think my brain can process that they are really there. They don't look real like some kind of Hollywood special effect.


We spent the rest of the day just looking around the shopping centre at the bottom of the towers.

Then back to the apartment for a dip in the pool. oh yes a fully serviced pool and a kiddies pool for the little one.

The food on the first day was a nice but was like back home, the In-laws took us to an Italian restaurant for lunch and for dinner we had lamb chops and veg. All very nice but no really very Malaysian. 

Although I did try a local drink Kickapoo Joy Juice 


Who knew, joy taste like citrus.

Our second full day was a bit more adventurous. We slept late in due to jet lag and after another pool trip and then us getting ready we went out for a late lunch and I had my first taste of Malay food. 

In the guise of a giant prawn. It was a monster, more a-kin to a lobster rather than the tiny prawns we get back in the UK 


It was accompanied by rice some curry sauce and fried spicy potatoes. It was so yum and I loved the spiciness of the potato next to the meat of the Prawn. Well after I won the battle to get into it. 

It was so filling I didn't feel like eating any dinner so after a beer in the warm night air I turned in.

So now up on my third full day and ready for fun we're going to take the little one to the KLCC Aquarium. I wonder if I'll see any of the prawn's friends lol :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment