Sunday 29 March 2015

Wow Malaysia - Part 1


Been  here just over a week and I have fallen in love with KL.

So I left off from my last post and we were heading for the Aquarium 

Tuesday 24th


It wasn't the biggest aquarium but actually perfect for a little one there was a couple of interaction spots and then a great underwater walkway. 

It was on a conveyer belt so it just takes you round at a leisurely pace allowing the little man to take everything in. 


I would give it two thumbs up and a definite for any trip with the family in KL  

We then went to the Pavillion shopping centre for something to eat I had some delicious Hong Kong Duck

With a few steam dumplings it was a lovely meal and so cheap paid about £5 for the whole thing. 

On the way back we popped into the super market to get some milk for the little one. Can get nearly everything I need from him apart from baby meals there lots of fruit pouches, yogurts and snack but not a lot of dinner. I suppose that a good thing as homemade is always best.

I was facinated by the fish counter not only are there Angry Bird Fish bites, (which I'm sure kids back home would love)

They also seem to do a great line in Fish heads 


Not sure what I could do with these apart from scare my friends. Although I'm sure there is a fantastic Malaysian recipe to use these in.

So to top off the night I had a Margarita in Dim Sum Sally. 


Wednesday 25th

We went to China Town and Central Market.

China Town seems to be in an old colonial quarter as it is based next to a line of old british buildings. Unfortunately they are falling into disarray and I'm worried that rot will set in and soon they will be lost forever.



Central Market is like a Middle eastern bizzare with loads of cute shops I bought a gift for my train gang friend but can't tell you what as it will ruin the surprise.

Even Found a place to stop to have a drink  


Although it wasn't till after we started drinking my husband noticed the rat running around the glass area just off the street. 

I'm so glad everything for the baby is prepackaged from supermarket or from the in- laws as I don't mind being adventurous and eating/drinking in street venue but not for him.

KL Chinatown is a bit of a hawkers paradise with fake Nike, Rolexs and DVDs everywhere. Not really my sort of thing and I was disappointed that there wasn't that many street food places.



Just off the main drag is a Chinese Temple 

It was very interesting to look around and we bought some prayers (which you burnt in a oven) for a couple of friends back home who are going for some stuff. 
It was really peaceful apart from when I gave a donation. As the donation box had a sensor and (I assume) thanks you in a very loud voice for your donation. 


On the way home through KLCC they were having a corporation event with Lewis Hamilton and Nico Rosberg meeting fans 

Some people had been waiting 9 hours we just waited 20 mins got a glimpse then headed outside to watch the dancing fountains 

 
And take in the stunning views of the towers at night.. 

Back home ready for the next day and the Batu Caves 

No comments:

Post a Comment