Wednesday 22 April 2015

Cookies for Work

I've got back to doing some baking, I decided to make cookies for my work colleagues. 


I made chocolate filed chocolate chip cookies.

I used 
250g of butter
180g of soft brown sugar
180g of granulated sugar
450g of flour
3 eggs
Teaspoon of bircarbonate of soda
Pinch of salt
Lots of chocolate chip 
And more chocolate for the Middle 

I wanted to add some vanilla extract but I had run out so I used a bit of pineapple juice to make sweeter. ( worked quite well as it didn't detract from the taste)

So I mixed the butter and the sugar together. Once creamy added the eggs and the juice and mixed in.

Then sived in the flour and the bicarb mixing before I dived the mixture in half and adding lots of chocolate chips to one of those halfs.


I wanted there to be melty chocolate in the middle so I added a bit of chocolate to the cookie once it had been placed on the baking tray.  

I then cooked for 10mins in an over at 200 degrees. 

The melty chocolate didn't quite work out. I know what I did wrong though. I should have melted down the inside chocolate and added a bit of cream so it wouldn't set. But they tasted good anyway.
That's the great thing about cooking even if it doesn't go right you can have tasty mistakes lol...

With the rest of the mixture I added coco powder and made double chocolate cookies with white chocolate chips..

They went down a storm at work, with most co works trying both to see which one they liked the best. It was a divided opinion so when I do cookies for work again looks like I'll need to make both flavours😋

I love baking but as there's only 2 and a half of us at home it's nice to work in a big team. So if I go on a baking spree I don't have to eat it all myself. As I don't think my slimming world group leader would like it if I did 😝

Hope you give them a try yourself and if anyone has any hints, tips or great recipes i would love to here them.. 

No comments:

Post a Comment