Wednesday 1 April 2015

Wow Malaysia -part 3 street food & KL towers

Gosh this is turning into a epic trip saga but one of the best trips I have ever taken.

Saturday - 28th March 


We too a family trip to the KLCC park. It an amazing space in the city with a massive paddling pool with waterfalls one size of the wall.

Next to a huge play area, with climbing frames, swings, and slides for all ages and abilities. My little one is a huge fan of the swings so we had a play there.

I don't think they have toddlers his size over there as he got in the swing fine but his feet scraped across the floor.

Other slight downside to this amazing space at the play area, there are less trees so not as shady as I would like especially in the Malaysian hot sun. 

But we had fun as a family and the little man got to burn off some steam and It was free. I would definitely say it's worth a visit for anyone who comes to Malaysia for a break with Kids. 


After all that running around we strolled through a series of covered air conditioned walk ways from KLCC to 'The Pavillion' again. This time we stopped at a Germany themed resturant and I had a dish called Wessinbaru. A potato Rossti with Bacon Mushrooms and a couple of eggs on top.


It was an okay lunch. We really went in for the beer but their selection of German beers were very limited. I've started to realise that there seems to be the same limited amount of beers in most restaurants we go too. I assume as this is a Muslim country it not really going to be a big importer of beer. 

Before we headed home I stopped off at the facilities and couldn't help chuckle at this sign. We do take things for granted but everywhere is different and people might not have the same facilities that we all enjoy back home.



In the evening we went out to a 'proper' side of the road Chinese resturant, with my In-laws German neighbours. Over 25% of the Malaysian population are Chinese Malay so there are an array Chinese delicacies to choose from. 


Saw this on the menu.




I didn't order it (hopefully wasn't the  real thing). As a bit of a foodie I like to try new things but there's a moral issue here. It is harvested in such a cruel way the fishermen just cut off their fins and throw them back still alive into the water to die. 

So we stuck to beef and chicken dishes and all shared between ourselves.


I ordered the chicken with chilli and it didn't disappoint as I love spicy food. We had a slight communications breakdown with this dish and a few people who weren't the biggest fan of spicy found out the hard way what I ordered lol.

We also order a type of Courgette (zucchini) called Lady Fingers. Now I thought they were the type of sponge you use in trifle :) They were really yummy and hopefully I'll be able to get them in the UK. 



The resturant was brilliant and I felt like I saw the authentic side of the city.  An eatery serving the locals and non local with traditional Chinese dishes. With an open barbecue for the meat and an open kitchen which might have not past inspection back home, produced nomminess on an epic scale. Even if getting the buggy there was a bit of an effort.




Sunday 29th - KL Tower 

As it was the Grand Prix race day the hubby and the father in law went to the track which meant another Mummy and Nanny day out for the little one.

After the disaster and the dice with death we had getting to the bird park we decided to take a Cab to the KL tower (a 360 observation tower).

It has two main floors, a totally encased one or floor a few floor higher up that is more open. With the little one in tow we opted for the encased floor.


You get amazing views of the city including the Towers. I opted for this city view as if you go up the Petronas tower I sure it's s fab vista as well but then the towers are not in your pictures. 

It's the same in New York I have been up the Empire State Building but prefer the Rocksfella Centre as that mean I get the Empire State Building in my snaps. 

It was great for the little man as he could have a walk about. He enjoyed the views.


Not sure if he knew what he was looking at, but it did hold his interest for a while and from my point of view as safer trip than the bird park for a kid his age. 


There are also a few more things to do around the tower like a driving simulator and a few animals enclosures as well as a mini aquarium. Although we didn't get a chance to do any of them as the Tower knackered him out.

We got a cab back and I had a lovely Tom Yum soup and some Crispy Won Ton from a small restaurant we found on the way home.


It was tasty and filling albeit very spicy. 

Just before we made it back for the evening I popped in to one of the many many bakeries around the city. They must love there sweets and cakes as you can't go two feet with out passing some form of surgery based snack.

Although there was a snack or two I wasn't too keen to try.




I am glad That I picked up something as the evening was a bit of a wash out. At least it was still warm just very, very wet. 



We were treated to a fantastic thunder and lightening show that went on for hours, While we enjoyed the cakes I bought. 



The cakes weren't dissimilar to American style pancakes (or scotch pancakes) with a jam filling.


You will need a drink with these guys as getting through one can be tough. They are very filling and don't think you could eat more than one. 

Monday 30th - chilling

We had a quite day just pottered about.

Although I did have a fantastic burger. It had crisps baked into the bun.


Which added a crunch to each mouth-watering bite.


An afternoon swim and a evening in helped me digests it's Yumminess and set me up for more eventful days ahead. 

No comments:

Post a Comment