Friday 8 May 2015

Birthday and Food Photo Winner

So it been a fun week.

I celebrated my 35 birthday (Must change my Bio) which means I'm half way to 70 and I have to fill in a new age box when taking part in questionnaires lol..

Actually I'm not that bothered by age or by birthdays, especially now as I'm a mum. So I'm half way to 70 all that means to me I get spend all that time with my beautiful family... Think of all the cool stuff I can do with them..

So my birthday was a quiet affair, as a few of my friends are going through bad patches with family illnesses and the little one was ill with a cold so we kept it very low key.

I woke up to a lovely breakfast of a bacon sandwich and bucks Fizz from my lovely hubby along with some vouchers to go towards my new computer (I'm saving up for a Surface Pro 3).

 
The from the little man I got send these lovely Flowers and Balloons (Although I have a sneaking suspicion his dad might have helped) :)


After having a lie-in, and as us parents know that is the best present ever. We went for a lovely lunch a The Hungry Guest in West Malling.

It has not long open and it is very beautiful inside a mixture of old and new as the building itself is quite old. Full of old wooden beams which look fab in contrast to the mix of modern art they hang on the walls.


I had a lovely open parma ham Sandwich with salad and as it was my birthday so I had a bit of pink fizz (Well you have to don't you) and my husband had a burger. They both were super delicious and enjoyed the quiet as the little one was at nursery.



I did also like the cutlery, although had the voice of Sheldon Cooper in my head saying a fork with 3 prongs is a trident lol..
 
The great thing about this place is it was reasonably priced, it had great food, great service and it is local. They also are welcoming of children so I know the next time we go we can bring "Captain Chaos" with us :)
 
Then in the evening I went to my parents we were supposed to go out again but as the little man was still not feeling well, we stayed in and had a take away and some wine which lead to me not feeling great the next day.
 
Then the rest of the week and because we had the bank holiday I did a lot more cooking.
 
I experimented as I'm trying to at least stay with in my Slimming World syn (Obviously Birthdays don't count).
 
So I made a Spicy Prawn dish.
 
 
 
I cooked off some prawns with a sprinkling of chilli powder on top, then added tomato Passata, bit more chili powder and some low fat Greek yogurt.
 
Then for the rice I just boiled up some plain rice but I roasted some carrot and swede chunks - 35mins at 200 degrees and mixed them in.
 
It was a great low fat dish which lasted me a couple of days. Although be careful with the carrot and swede as with the cooking it really easy to have them underdone or burnt.
 
 
 
 
I Also made a lovely low fat Bolognese with Turkey Mince and Passata but to jazz it up, I added 3 bell peppers, button mushrooms, Red Onion and baby plum tomatoes.
 
 
It was so colourful (Super tasty and Syn free) the photo won me "Dish of the Week" at my local Slimming World group which was nice.
 
I like to share recipes see other people recipes especially when dieting. As you're always looking for something different as its so easy to get stuck eating the same thing.
 
Its great that we can share ideas and then try them for myself, as I'm still trying to lose the weight. I'm hoping by the end of July I should be down to my target, but I do  have quite few parties and event to go to so I will need to stay strong...  
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment