Thursday 21 May 2015

Oompah and Illness

Well it's been a bit of a full week in the Dyslexic Cooking household.

On the weekend it was time to say goodbye to our good friends N&B they are taking their little dog Luigi and moving all the way to Greece.

I respect them so much for that, they are both round my age and have just decided to leave the rat race behind. B quit his very lucrative job in the city, N is keeping his job and his boss is being fabulous about remote working. (I think in the future we will all be able to work in any job from anywhere in the world, if it was me I'd probably move to Florida and do my work from Disney World in between rides lol.)

They're going to the gorgeous island of Paros and have promised that we could come an visit whenever we want. Although where as years ago I would already sorting out the airfare with the little one it make things like this a little bit more logistical. Oh I am so going, but might need to work a few things out first.

So we had their farewell do at Katzenjammers  a Bavarian Beer house located near Borough Market in London.

What a lovely venue, the other half drove so I had a couple of the local brew.



I'm not a huge fan of beer in England one of those things I drink when I'm Holiday as a cold beer in the Sun just hits the spot. Although I did enjoy the Paulaner (well a few of the Paulaner) luckily the Grandparents had the little man over night so we could kick back and relax. We did plan to eat at the venue too, as there was an array of German Sausage dishes. But as the night drew on and lots more people turned up we all got a bit distracted from our goal, I ended up chatting rather than eating. Which I know is awful especially when I write a food Blog. Although it's one hell of an excuse to go back which I will.

Apart from catching up with old friends and making new friends and given out lots of Hugs to an upset N. One of the main highlights of the night was the Oompah band "Hosen Brass" a five piece band that played an array of modern hits in the traditional Bavarian Style.




What a fantastic band, as it was just music you had the whole bar contributing the words even if it wasn't in the right key.  The trombone player kept it very interactive by standing on tables and if you didn't watch out you have the Slide in your face.

The played tunes by Meatloaf, The Killers and the Beatles just to name a few.



Honestly if you're about in that area of London on a Saturday night I strongly suggest booking a table and going down.

The next morning work up and actually didn't feel too bad and I got a few hours before my folks brought the whirlwind back around 11am. Within a few minutes of bringing him back and lifting him in an awkward way I threw my shoulder out. Painful!!! Also didn't help that I was home alone with him till my husband got back from work later on in the afternoon.

That's a really difficult situation if you're a parent as you can't really explain to a little one that you need them to give you space to lie down till the pain goes away. I'm just happy he's mobile as I could give him a few toys and if I needed to change him I could get him to walk to the mat rather than carry him.

Added to that I developed a mouth full of ulcers. I got to the doctors on Monday to discuss both problems and she said I was run down. That's an understatement what with everything going being a mum to a child that hasn't master sleeping through the night and a ball of energy during the day, having a busy job with a long commute and my currently busy social life, I'm not surprised.

She suggested that I take some time to rest. I love it when doctors give advise like that and when exactly with a 19 month old at home do you have time to rest. Although with a bit of family help and an understanding boss I manged to get a day where I had some rest and some baby free time. I did feel better think as I hadn't had that in such a long time in the few hours I did made the world of difference.

As my back was giving me jip, I was unable to do a lot of cooking boo. There's a bank holiday this weekend so I'm hoping to fit a lot in yay.

I did manage to throw together a Salmon and Green Tagliatelle - a simple low fat dish.

Put some Salmon in the oven to cook, while starting a pan of water for the Tagliatelle and a separate smaller pan for the Greens. The Salmon will take about 20 mins to cook in a 190 degree oven.

Once you had 10 mins of cooking time the water should be boiling in both pan add the Tagliatelle to the pan with a pinch of salt. Then add the green beans that you've already sliced in what every way you like to the other then a few minutes later add some peas to the green bean pan (as why dirty another pan).





After everything is cooked drain the Tagliatelle and the greens add them all back into one pan, flake the cooked salmon and then add some 75% less fat cream cheese. I was debating whether to add some chilli to give it a bit of a zing but with my sore mouth I left it as is.

A recipe that is low in fat but very high in taste and if you used Quark instead of the cream cheese it would be syn free on Slimming World.



No comments:

Post a Comment