Wednesday 1 July 2015

A tale of Two Bacon Butties (Sandwiches)

Hello :)

After last week lull it's gone back to being full on. I don't think I'm cut out for the quiet life, well technically with a 20 month old running around the place bring his own all encompassing energy I don't think would be allowed even if I wanted too.

Also I think I'm just programmed to be manic with Dyslexia and Dyspraxia I tend to run on the bit of the crazy side. It a bit of a double edged sword as I suspect that being calm and tranquil would improve both conditions but I get really antsy if I not doing anything which works me up in to an anxious state so get manic again oh well at least its sunny.

So since my last post I've been a bit busy

On Saturday I went to a car boot sale, (American readers think Yard Sale or Flea Market) my husband wanted to go.



I don't mind them and used to enjoy them more as a child but I think over the years I've turned some what into a snob as I wasn't nearly as keen on the stuff as I use to be and secondly I found it slightly sad. Not in a lame way but sad for some of the people have to attend these thing due to economic trouble just to get essential like clothes and house hold appliances even toys for their children.

I must remember how lucky, not only compared to other countries around the world and their hardships but even lucky compared to people even in the same community as me.

Think that why I less excited about them as sometimes they can highlight the plight of others. Although I suspect that is a reason why I should go to ground me and stop me moaning about not being able to have another holiday this year.

Any Who, walking round the stalls and the trestle tables of brick a brac we became quite hungry. At these event there are always catering facilities and we happen on the standard fare of the BURGER VAN I love these portable greasy spoons. The limited selection of meat based product crammed into a bun of some sort.


So, as it was early, I had a staple of the British Breakfast a bacon butty (Sandwich) it was just two bits of bacon in a floured white bap with a bit of butter and added a bit of Ketchup. Yes I prefer ketchup!! For anyone who doesn't know there is a secret underground war between Brown Sauce and Ketchup on Bacon sandwiches, I think it will form the bases of the UK next civil war lol :)



it was tasty and definitely filled a hunger hole and we could carry on looking at the stalls. Although I suspect it would not form part of a healthy breakfast.

As the sun has finally showed his face in England we decided on having an afternoon BBQ, managed to get the little one in a paddling pool. This is where I start really wanting to live in the states as if I was over there this paddling pool would be a really pool; and in Florida, were I would love to live, it would be a few snatched days of summer enjoying the heat it would be every day (Sigh).


We got a lovely throw away BBQ from Asda along with some Angus beef burgers and some 97% pork Hot dogs. The food was great but didn't seem so happy about being cooked.


Added a bit of corn and salad to balance out the meat but all in all a yummy afternoon.


It was great just The little one, the hubby and myself. It so important with busy lives to get some quality time with the family. As I know it the biggest cliche going but time passes so quickly, cant believe the little one is 20 months already.

The next day after church where we booked the little ones baptism (Yes I know it a bit late but as you can see from my posts I've been Busy) Also with the In-laws (well currently father in law) in Malaysia we had to secure a date when everyone could come.

So after that we went to the West Malling Farmers Market it is such a pretty little village and the Market always falls on the 4 Sunday of every month. We always look forward to it as it's got lovely stalls with lovely things. Meaning the diet goes right out the window lol.



We stopped by the Sussex Wild Food Co - didn't get their details but when I go back next time I will definitely link them to the blog. At this fantastic stall I had a Wild Boar Bacon Sandwich it came in a lovely granary bap with a slice of cheese and some wild leaf salad.

Wild Boar Bacon Sandwich


It was so scrumptious, honestly it was amazing. A bit of a contrast to the day before.

The Two Bacon Butties 

Don't get me wrong the other one was nice but this one was on another level and for £1 more I know which one I would have every time (Sorry Burger Van).

I still wasn't done after the lovely butty and we pasted a Thomas Cookie Co it was obviously a very popular stall as it had already sold out of a lot of the cookies on offer so we got in there quick and ordered two Belgium Chocolate Chip cookies.


They were delicious, and because it was slightly on the hot side the chocolate was already a bit melty, just the way I like it. I hope him and the Sussex food guys are back next month as there lots of other stuff I want to try.

The last place we had a look into which wasn't a stall but one of the cute boutique-y shop they have in West Malling Down Swan Street it a cute little places (bit of a tight fit with a buggy) that sells lots of kitsch presents and home stuff they always have something cute inside and this time was no exception pick up a lovely MeriMeri YAY necklace in Neon Orange a perfect accessory in the summer sun.




It also my trademark phrase so now if I loose my voice I can point to the necklace to express my Joy :)

Late afternoon I decided to do a bit of cooking. I made Cheese Stuff, Bacon Wrapped Chicken.

Took some skinless Chicken Breast:


Flatten it out a bit and flashed fried it in Spray all for less than 5 minutes.


I then used a bit of Quark and some soft Cheese and spread it in the chicken.




Added a bit of chill powder for some extra kick



I then rolled the chicken and wrapped it in Bacon.


cooked in a UK 220 degree over for around 20-25 minutes before severing it with some roasted Courgette (Zucchini) Chips and Salad.


Was very moreish and smelt delicious

.


So all in all it was a weekend of Bacon fun, as bacon is super yummy.

As it summer with all the BBQ going on might not be the last time bacon takes center stage in my blog.


No comments:

Post a Comment