Tuesday 21 July 2015

Pondering over Soup

Not a particularly busy week in the Dyslexic cooking household.

Apart from the usual running around that comes with having a 21 month old son. 

The major event is we had the local priest round to sort out our son's baptism. 

It went well but not till after a particularly bad Dyslexic episode. The interview started with the priest asking loads of question about my son himself and us but as I got so flustered. I first couldn't spell our address and secondly got my son's date of birth mixed up. In the end I had to get my husband to step in as I was getting more and more stressed so more and more crap at everything.

I managed to pull myself together and we got it all sorted.

although that did get me to pondering. I find it hard in stressful situations to remain calm, cool and collected and then fluff things. Not sure how many more of you out there get this happen to you. It got me to thinking what people who don't really understand Dyslexia and Dyspraxia think of us.

Especially as I messed up my son's date of birth I would hate to have someone have the perception of me as not caring or a bad mother "She can't even remember his date of birth". I also sometimes mess up the spelling of his full name as he got 2 middle names. Now going forward knowing this, it  will stress me out more.  So when I filling in forms for School and other stuff I am now more liable to mess things up.

It's hard going through life with these disorders as there so much people don't understand about them and I have a sneaking suspicion that some people perceive it as just being lazy or not paying attention. Coupled that with the dyspraxia and it many manifestation, people just think I'm a bit manic and clumsy. I hoping being different and having these condition will make me a funner parent. Although currently its turned me into a anxious mummy mess.

Oh well at least there is cooking to cheer me up.

Did something really simple this week just made a 4 ingredient soup.

Butternut Squash with Sweet & New Potato Soup

Take 400g (0.8 lb) of Butternut Squash, Sweet Potato's 




With around 6 new potatoes peeled and chopped. 




Bring the to the boil then simmer alll together for 20 minutes


after you drained them blended all the Veg together.



Then added about 400ml (13 Floz) of stock gradually to the blended vegetables whilst stiring




What you ended up with is a super simple, super delicious and super healthy soup.



Which was eaten in a flash :) 





Look out for next week's blog as this weekend I am super excited to be going to the Whitstable Oyster Festival for the whole weekend - Friday and Saturday Night just me and the girlies (The same ones from the Amsterdam and the last Whitstable trip see previous post for shenanigans) before the Hubby and the little one join us Sunday for lunch.

I expect it to be a jam pack blog post which will slightly more fun filled :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment