Wednesday 5 August 2015

A Tale of Two Buns

Or Scone (as in Cone) Vs Scone (as in Gone)

Personally I prefer scone as in gone.. As when you put them in front of me they tend to be gone lol.. 

So not much going on in the dyslexic cooking household this week. Well considering the madness of last weekend it's nice to take it a bit easy.

I'm glad for the quiet weeks as it help me keep up, as even though I write this blog weekly, being Dyslexic and a mum I find sometimes hard to keep up. Other Dyslexic will know what I mean, organisation and writing are two thing we find difficult so to combine the 2 in a blog is no mean feat. So feeling proud that I managed 46 post so far. When I hit a year I'm going to be super proud so let hope I keep it up.

Any way so the weekend was filled with baby cold, I had a slight sniffle and the husband was knocked down by the dreaded man flu dun dun dar.. Aw bless as he did have to do a couple of late night with the little lad. As I've said before the struggle of having a young child is not being able to get to rest when you want or in case of being ill need. When they're up you are up and you need to be on it you can't just plop them in an corner and ignore.

Although we did manage to have some fun, as the folks were away at the Country Landowners Association (CLA) Game Fair  we used there house for a impromptu BBQ. Just the usual fare of burgers and Sausages nothing earth shattering. Although I did manage to break out my new Drinks Holder.



It held my Gordon Gin and Schweppes tonic very well :)

Not sure if I've mention this before but I am a huge fan of Flamingos they remind me of the sun and holidays a bit like my favorite flower the Bird of Paradise.  I sure the main reason I like them is that they are not Native to the UK so have always had a air of the exotic.

When my folk did arrive back my mum brought back a tasty treat a Yorkshire Fat Rascal from Bettys a famous Tea Room in Harrogate.



I loved the little face it had on the front and as the Husband is allergic to nuts it was left to me and my mum tucked in.

It was so yum, filled to bursting with currants and mixed peel. It traveled really well considering it been in the car for the 3 hour trip back. So now Bettys is definitely on my list of places I need to visit.

so that was the first Scone of the week.

The second one came again courtesy of my folks. As for their 40th Wedding anniversary my brother and I bought them a Fortnum and Mason Picnic at the top of The Shard. They gushed about having an amazing time which was great. Also from the photos it did look lovely.

They were lucky in having it on a really clear day which helped; as London is such a beautiful city a perfect eclectic mix of the Really Old and the Really new and all the other building in between.

Not to prattle on too much, but London is a fantastic city and if you've never been you should visit. Yes it is expensive I won't lie, although you can have a fab time and see so much just having a walk about discovering all the treats this sprawling city has to offer.

So after their great day I picked them up from the station to hear about their good time. They brought me back a mini treat a couple of Fortnum and Mason scones with jar of Strawberry Jam.



This was nommy too, it was so light and fluffy and in the same bite rich and creamy.


Not sure which one I liked best though??!?!? hmm I've decided as one was a fruit Scone and was was a plain scone it was unfair to rate one above the other. I have come to a conclusion they were both the best scone I've had in a long time.

Only problem is the diet has gone right out the window as I also managed to slip in a Starbucks Chocolate Cream Frappuccino so I think my trip to Slimming World will be a disaster this week.



Oh well it just means I will be spending the weekend cooking lots of healthy recipes so my post will be filled with lots of nice home cooked things next week...




No comments:

Post a Comment