Monday 10 August 2015

Back to Baking

So after previous weekends filled with of fun and frolics I finally managed to get my Bake on this week.

well after I enjoyed a rather nice cider 



Corner Stone Cider Blush - very refreshing taste and not sharp like some other ciders. Haven't seen them in any local shops yet (Parents brought it back from the CLA Fair) so a rare treat. Although I will keep an eye out for them as it a perfect accompaniment to a Summer BBQ. 

Right back to the cooking:

I decided to make some Slimming World crust-less quiche - but as I was inspired by Great British Bake Off - My Favorite show I decide add a bit of flare. So Made Crust-Less Cupcake Quiches... 

I took a pack of dried Mac n Cheese, Frozen Veg, Fat free Cottage Cheese (300g) 4 Medium eggs, some Mushroom and some cherry tomatoes to make my taste low fat (Syn Free) snack.



Firstly I cooked the Macaroni cheese as per instruction I just replaced the milk required to water to make it extra healthy.





While that was cooking I took two handfuls of frozen veg and cooked as per instructions.




I then chopped up between 8 - 10 mushrooms 


They need to be quite small as they will be going in the quiche.




I then took the 4 egg and the fat free cottage Cheese 



Placed them all together in a big bowl 




Then proceeded to mix. I would recommend using a mixer to do this you can do it by hand but you want to break up most of the cottage cheese lumps and an electronic mixer will make this easier.






Then once everything was cooked I added the Macaroni Cheese to the egg and cheese mix.




Followed by the mushrooms




Then added the veg 



Mixing them all together they were ready too spoon out.





I put the mix into Muffin cases (Make sure you spray some 1 calorie spray oil into the case to make them easier to removed when cooked) and added a whole cherry tomato on top.




I put them in a 200 degree oven for 30 minutes, if they are not golden brown you can always but them in for an extra 5 more mins if needed.




Then Viola some tasty looking quiche cupcakes with a cherry (well Tomato) on top.







They are really fun and yummy to eat and you can always add a bit of spice to it or change with veg you added.

I would say just have a go an experiment with the flavors you like. Also if you want to make a gluten free version you can just omit the Mac and Cheese and just add 40g of low fat cheese (Although this will add a syn value if you are on Slimming world).


No comments:

Post a Comment