Wednesday 16 December 2015

Christmas Do & Christmas Do two

Another busy week in the Dyslexic cooking household.

Okay next time I say I never do anything I'm going to revert back to this blog.

I did manage to get some cooking in but just something really simple.

I boiled up some leeks for about 20 Minutes


Added some veg then some pasta



and added some cream cheese 



and a bit of hot sauce and you get a lovely cheesy leak pasta.




Actually if I had time I would have put it in the oven with some more cheese on top to make it extra creamy.

I spend most of the week getting ready for Christmas the tree is finally up yay, nearly all presents bought and hopefully we are all getting sorted.





It was also time for the annual Christmas do and this year I managed to attend two.

The first one was in the wonderful venue of The Royal Academy of Art

Got to see a bit of art before I went in.


Then had a wonderful meal


As I was only invited last minute, to replace a drop out I got what they ordered but it was delicious.

I had pate for starters



Turkey for main



The Christmas Pud for desert



Washed down with lots and lots of champagne



I even got some antlers for a secret santa

Only criticism I would have is there mince pie dessert option was a bit small lol



Although they did make up for it by giving us a few extra ones.

As the Royal Academy is in such a great location I got to see the amazing Fortnum & Masons Christmas Windows.





I even popped in to buy my folks some of their famous Piccalilli, for those of you who don't know what it is it's a relish goes great in your sandwiches yummy.


I also had a look at The Ritz display as I've always wanted a cocktail from their but as I was on my own and already had a drink or two I headed home. (Aren't I good)





The next day I had my team Christmas at the Finery Pub near Oxford Street, apologies there's no food pics but as I helped arranged it I spent most of the time running around making sure people had the right food and were sitting in the right place. I even gave away my dessert as they forgot ones of the teams (Good deed of the year).

Again had some bubbly this time in what I like to call "Downton" champagne glasses.



I felt very sophisticated even if I was in my elf outfit.



So I'm feeling exhausted  it hard work having this much fun lol

Although I will pay for it, as I have Slimming World tonight I know the scales won't be forgiving.

Also I would say I'll be good this coming week up till Christmas and I will try but its another bumper week.

Meeting by bezzie mates (Best Friends) tomorrow then I am going out to see STAR WARS on Friday (So excited I promise no spoiler in my next blog) and the amount of Chocolate that has surfaced round the office I don't think next week way in will go well either lol.




No comments:

Post a Comment