Tuesday 16 December 2014

Christmas Decs and Do


Hello everyone hope you're all doing well.

With only 9 days left till the Jolly Fat man comes, hope festive cheer is filling your lives. 

I am starting to now feel christmassy as we've got the decorations up. Although as we have a very inquisitive (and by inquisitive, I mean want to destroy everything he sees) 14 month old darling son. We thought it best not to get a tree.

This is quite sad in a way as I've never not had a tree :( although it is far less stressful than constantly try to prevent the little man trying to pull it down on himself :). We'll get a massive one next year to make up for it. 

We also had our works Christmas do in a very nice pub called The Queen Adelaide in Shepherds Bush. I had smoked salmon to start, Duck for main and Christmas Pud for dessert. It was all super lovely unfortunately didn't take any pics as I was in charge of the event as well as our Christmas Attire competitions. I didn't win boo, I didn't even get one vote out of 35. I thought my headband and Totes Amazeballs T-shirt were very festive.


Oh well, but a fun afternoon and night was had by all. Also my folks had the little one over night so I got to have a couple of drinks. I even got the 10pm train home which sounds early but if you have a little on and the fact it started at 2 that is uber rock and roll.

Yesterday I had a lovely night out with my hubby and couple of good friends. My folks even had the baby overnight again which was great for us. (although it transpired that he wasn't well he's got an infection so wasn't a good night for them).

We went to a lovely restaurant call 28 West in Canary Wharf.

Also for once as I am now driving I didn't drink boo, but I got to drive all the way home and even got my first time on a motorway which was interesting I was a bit scared to go over 65mph but I did manage it a couple of times lol... What do they say practise makes perfect :)

We all go there hungry which was a bit of a bad idea as we all over ordered.




I got the Bones and Buns combo and changed my fries to cheesy chips.
I ordered the Chicken, brie and pesto Burger it was nice it came in a Brioche Bun, which seems to be all the rage at the moment.

My Hubby ordered a load of sides including Nachos and Onion Rings as he thought the burgers might not be enough.


We tried to eat it all but failed.

The food was nice but it was way to much I couldn't even get through my Burger and Ribs let alone the sides.

My advise is if you go there not have eyes too big for your belly. Start small then if you're still hungry order some more till your full.

To sign off this week I thought I use a quote from the 1980 film "Working Girl" as it was on at E4 at some ungodly hour this past week but with a sick baby you sometime come across these gems when dealing with soothing them in the middle of the night.

"You want to be taken seriously you've got to have serious hair"

Which is a true now as it was in the 1980 lol. 

No comments:

Post a Comment