Friday 26 December 2014

My Christmas Day

Yay Christmas 2014 in the DCM household was a low key affair this year well apart from my fab crimbo accessories.


With a little one you think we'd be up earlier but the pudding slept past 7am and by the time I managed to get husband unit out of bed we did presents at 8am.


As the little one only 14 months we decided not to go too mad with gifts as I'm sure over the coming years the demands on Santa will increase. 

Christmas morning in our house all ways consist of Bacon Sandwiches. Mmm Bacon making the house smell delicious.. 

Then on with a The Christmas Tv while we enjoyed the bacon and slowly got dressed. Think there's nothing nicer than having a quiet Christmas morning as the day can be stressful enough without starting it in a panic. 

Then it was off to my folks for Christmas Dinner they're only 10 minutes away so it was a short jaunt. I drove there so the Husband unit would drive back. Don't feel too sorry for him he's not a big drinker and with us just getting over cold I wouldn't be having a lot.


Now it is true what they say nothing beats your mother's cooking. My mum always pulls out all the stops for Christmas a proper Turkey Dinner. The starter was Prawn Cocktail which is a bit 1970 chic. But hey I like them and if someone else is making it I'm in no position to comment. 


We have a serve yourself system at dinner at my mum's which I think is great so you can just have what you want rather than being rude and leaving stuff on the plate you don't like. For me it's peas I like them in stuff like a cottage pie but have a thing about the on their own (yes I know I'm weird). 


So dinner with all the trimmings was amazing.


Followed by Christmas pudding and custard.

As you can see I'm a traditionalist when it  comes to Christmas eats. 

But that's just once a year ( well we are having Christmas two tomorrow when my brother and Nephew go over to my mums). So that's okay... 

And considering my fantastic Christmas present 

Know I'll be cooking up some interesting flavours in the New Year. So if any of you out there have any good Tangine Recipes I would love for you to share them,

I'm now having a relaxing Boxing Day ( for my American readers this is a holiday we have the day after Christmas in the UK) in front of the telly with a sick little man. 

Piece of advice people don't get your kids MMR jab just before the holidays as he's having a mini measles session while the vaccination start work. Not too bad apart from the 1am sickness session :( but seems to be not too bad now.

So a quiet day in front of the box with some movies (mostly cartoons) and the odd treat to keep me going.


So I hope you all had a great Christmas Day and have a fun fuelled new year planned.... 








No comments:

Post a Comment