Monday 1 December 2014

IKEA, Christmas and Curry

This Weekend we took a trip trip to Ikea (Lakeside). Have to say I love the store and as it's a bit out of a way out it becomes an event going there.

I think I love the fact that they see you the vision as well as the product. Sometimes seeing things in isolation doesn't really work I like see it in a context. I.E a lamp in a bedroom or a couch near a TV.

I also fell in love with this Kitchen as I plan to move earlier next year this will definitely be on my wish list when renovating the new place. Think of all the cooking I could do... Sighs longingly



Also walking around I came across these dogs - between you and me, I think the one on the end has had a bit too much, but hey it Saturday and he obviously likes to party :)




I don't care what anyone says it not a trip to Ikea without stopping for some Swedish Meatball. I love them and so does my other half. We even gave the little man some but he wasn't as impressed as we were, which is probably lucky as I dread to think of the salt and fat content.

I think it's the gravy I like the most, having a parent from the North East of England I am particular to Gravy and Chips and this is just Swedish gravy and chips.




I even to treat myself as I obviously didn't get enough calories from the meatballs, gravy and chip I had a slice of there Dime Bar Cake. Actually I say had a slice I had a bite and I didn't like it. It looked a lot nicer than it tasted which is a shame for my taste buds but not for my thighs.




We didn't leave empty handed we bought a light for the living room as our last lamp was destroyed by a head on crash with a train. Thomas the Tank engine walker that my son uses to be exact. But you'll be pleased to know there were no injured apart from the lamp, unfortunately we couldn't save it. (a moment of silence for the lamp)..

I couldn't leave with out some thing sweet so in the food hall I picked up some Godis Snogubbe and some Singoalla. At the time of writting this blog the Godis Snogubbe are no more as they were very delicious and we hadn't started on the Singoalla but I'm thinking they are like Jammie Dodgers...



On Sunday it was our local Village Christmas Market and light switch on. As it was only me and the little man and owing to the weather and the not great facilities for pram users we just had a quick look round.



He managed to get a nice Santa balloon and we hightailed it out of there before it became too busy. It is actually a very nice event they have the local school choirs and lots of local shops and local producers with their stalls. I think I would have stayed longer if I was with the other half or my parents. but even now I sometimes get nervous of being out with the little one on my own especially when there's a bit of a squeeze and not ready access to toilets if there is a changing emergency.




I got the free bus down to the town but I walked home which was a bit silly as it up hill all the way. but hey it will of least gone some way to burning off my Ikea meatballs.

Sunday late afternoon I decided to do some cooking. After pigging out on nommy stuff from Ikea I decided to make myself a Potato and Spinach curry.




Ingredients:

1 bag of New Potatoes (or 800g of other potatoes)
Onions (about two or a whole bag of chopped (why yes I am that lazy lol))
Two Tins of Chopped Tomatoes
300g of Spinach
1 Stock Cube
Curry Powder (as hot or a mild as you want)
Water

chop the potatoes and if needed the onions and add them with some of the spinach to a pan with a little bit of oil and a big dash of the curry powder (for the exact mesure I'll leave that up to you to have as little or as much as you want) cook them off for about 3 mins. then add the tomatoes and about 300ml of water.

Then you just simmer it all for 30 mins adding more spinach as you go. I like spinach so I sometimes add more from another bag just to make sure there's enough. About 5 mins from the end I add the stock cube and stir.

(You can if you want add chicken at the start throwing them in with the potatoes and onions if you want to add a bit more protein.)

Cook up some rice (My Fav is Brown) and Voila homemade, very healthy, curry for a cold winters night.

No comments:

Post a Comment