Thursday 27 November 2014

Liberty's and Sausages

So yesterday I had a meeting near Oxford Street as I got there a bit earlier so I thought I would pop into Liberty as I've always loved the shop. When I was little I thought it was a magical place with all its nooks and crannies we always take a look in especially round Christmas when it was extra lovely.

I love the fact that when it was built it was meant to look old, but now due to it being built in 1875 it is old. So you've got the double history and double soul in the place. The feel of the weather beaten wood from the ships that have absorbed the knowledge of the high seas and the years of shoppers from all ages looking at the spectacular wears. I not much for the supernatural but that places has a mystique about it that is wonderfully eerie (Although I would not like to be there after dark on my own) lol.

I am also a huge fan of the show currently my two favourite shows are Liberty's of London on Channel 4 and Posh People on BBC 2. I think I love all the glamour and the idealistic lifestyle. I lead a relatively run of the mill life (albeit with a couple of Crazy antics thrown in) I'm do okay financially but I am far off rich and I'm fascinated by how the other half live. Some people think they lead feckless lives and its wrong to spend £1000 on a T-shirt or 30k on a dog's bed (honestly I saw one for that price in Harrods a few years back). But I'm still undecided, obviously there's the Jealous aspect of that argument do we criticises because we are on the other side of the fence; and would be behave any differently if we had the money.

Also I think its also a part of cutting your cloth to suit your means. I spend what I can afford on Clothes so if I had more I could spend more. So by that reasoning if I have millions I would be top to toe in Designer fashion lol.

but I digress I was in the store to look at there lovely displays. In the Scarf hall they have a wonderful ship mast which is perfect for the history and the look of the store. Really wanted to climb up the rigging dressed in a flora print with a matching eye patch.


I had to get the view from above and below. It worked especially well with the festive Christmas coins strung up around it and between the floors. Like gold doubloons stolen from a Spanish Galleon.




I also had a look at the light display in the second atrium when I stopped by the 4th Floor carpet hall.




Didn't realise it was going to be featured in last nights programme :). But I love it, it is definitely like a Moroccan Bazaar. Think it especially Apt to visit round Christmas as you can pretend you're in a panto. Think the staff are missing a trick and not getting into the holiday theme and dressing as the cast of Aladdin lol...


As I was in a shop I though I'd make a purchase. I really wanted some Nancy's Nail scented top coat. Although not sure if it a good look to go round smelling your nails all day :). Alas they had sold out which is a shame as I'm not sure when I can get back to pick some up.



But as I didn't want to come out empty handed I went to their Christmas shop and got this little fella. Who is bound to brighten up the festivities in our household. Although I haven't thought of a name. (So any suggestion would be appreciated) :).


Managed to see the Christmas lights down Regents Street. Hmm not really a big fan of such blatant sponsorship on the lights but I suppose that how they get the companies to pay and it probably better than not having them at all.


I stopped outside BBC Broadcasting hHouse as they were having a Sausage fest I bought myself a Uncle Henry's Firecracker Sausage. OMG it was A-Mazing. I do like sausages and this was one of the best.  If you're ever in Lincolnshire definitely pop on by as it is definitely a treat.



I was also asked to try a random bit of sausage from of the stalls and rate it out of 10. It was a herb one and that too was so good. I got a little too into it and proclaim that "I was enjoying it a bit too much" which is something you should never say with a sausage in your mouth. My husband found it hilarious as we watch the "One Show" and my mug popped up. He proceeded to tell all our friends of Facebook. I just thank god no one at work watch it as it been all morning and I've had no comments phew.

But if any of you guys want to watch my now amazing 5 second of fame I sure its on the BBC Iplayer according to my friends brother on FB it's about 18 mins in.  Although I am talking with my mouthful which of course is the height of bad manners and should not be emulated lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment