Tuesday 18 November 2014

A Week of Ups and Downs

So not been the greatest week in the Dyslexic Cooking Mum household the little one has a cold. 'A cold? that's not so bad' I hear you say; but with a baby if they don't sleep you don't sleep and congested babies are not the best sleeper. I truly believe this is what they should teach in Sex Ed classes in school. Simulate a sick baby and I'm sure that would bring down the teen pregnancy rate. 

This then developed into tonsillitis. So that meant a trip to the Docs and a bottle full of Meds. He's hasn't been the best at taking medicine but he is getting better. The problem I have is they are always a fluorescent colour and stain. Im sure one top is ruin for good Grr.

Compounded by the fact I'm getting a bit sick of work. Can't be too hard on my work as they have been really helpful with accommodating me coming back to work as a new mum and all the stresses. But I'm feeling under appreciated and under used. Being tired isn't helping but if I'm going to travel in, leaving my Son, I want it to be for something good or at least more stimulating. Know I shouldn't  moan as I know I'm lucky I am that I even have a job and the fact they are so flexible. ( I'll try to be less whiney) 

Last bad thing of this week and it's only Wednesday is they taking down the big hat in Disney Hollywood Studio. 




I'm a big fan of the hat and will miss it when it's gone. Like the Tree of Life, Cinderella Castle and Spaceship Earth I love the way you can see the peak of it (along with the tower of terror) when you walking through the car park up to the main gate. Fingers crossed they replace it with something wonderful and all my moaning is in Vain. 

Hasn't been a total disaster of a week even though I've had no time for cooking I've managed to sample two Christmas Sandwiches the Marks & Spencer's 'Count on Us - Turkey and Butternut Stuffing' which was nice if say a 7 or of 10. Good points is its low in fat so don't feel to guilty about munching it. 



I also had a Pret 'Turkey Stuffing and Cranberry Sauce' sandwich it was AMAZING I am giving it a 10 out of 10 it was so yum but very calorific. Also didn't help I had a sneaky mince pie which was also delicious (will definitely be getting another one of those) I now worring about my waist line lol.



Another nice thing my wonderful Australian cousin sent the little one a belated birthday gift of a Bon-Jovi onesie and a CD with all their songs in Lullaby form. 

Obviously not everyone's cup of tea but both her and I are huge fans so now mega excited to start introducing my son into to the world of Rock yay. 

Last thing which was a good bad thing. Due to Victoria Station being closed this morning my train got diverted to Blackfriers. Although that did mean I got to amble through the city getting to the central line and I got to pass St Paul's in London which is a fantastic building.

Well fingers crossed it all up from here as I have a free weekend ( well as free as it can be with a 1 year old) and I plan to get some baking in yay..



2 comments:

  1. Ooo I'm really keen on trying out the Christmas sandwiches from M&S. I saw these in store last week but am yet to try it. I do like anything that's butternut so might give the first one a go lol :) X
    thefashion-junkie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are yum :) But if you like Butternut squash, Pret are doing an Veggie Christmas Butternut Squash sandwich which does look nice (Although I'm yet to try it) .

      Delete