Monday 8 December 2014

Driving Test and Santa

Just a short post from me this week as I'm trying to pull myself together for Christmas don't know why but I can't seem to get into this year. I'm hoping after I put up a few decorations and start wrapping presents I'll feel better.

So this week was a momentous occasion in my life, I finally past my Driving test.  As I grew up and lived most of my life in London and what with the great Transport links and the fact that I always commuted and my Husband who I met in 1999 drove when we needed to get somewhere, it never really came up.

But now living in Kent and having a child I definitely needed to be on the road so after 6 month worth of lesson and one failed test I can now legally drive on our fair nations roads.

The other fun thing I did this week was take the little one to visit Santa at the local school fete. I love these things. The smell of classrooms mixed with, mulled wine and a ancient tea urn coupled with the throng of mostly parents of the children who attend the school they are quintessentially English. So we entered the grotto which was two classroom merged together with a actually quite festive array of lights and tinsel to the Beard Man sitting in his sleigh. Then in usual comic as it is with Kids he was having none of it so I now have a blurry photo of him throwing a fit lol


So hopefully we'll have better luck next year :)

No comments:

Post a Comment