Thursday 10 September 2015

A Melon Margarita Giraffe of a week


It hasn't been the most eventful week, up and down, up and down that seems to be my life at the moment but can't complain as I'm having fun.

Main cooking highlight of the week was a super oh so quick and easy chicken, potato, pepper bake.

So simple just cut and par boil (5 minutes) some baby potatoes



Then throw them into a roasting disk with some bell pepper I used yellow and green but they can be any colour.


Then add some chicken along with some nice spice 

I used Chilly powder and cooked in a hot oven 220c for 25 minutes.


It comes out smelling lovely.



Just pair it with some rice and vegtables and a wonderfully fantastically healthy simple meal is born.



And to say it is yum is an understatement of epic proportion.

This week I also had a lovely meal out at Giraffe



Great restaurant as they do a fab kids menu which the little one adores so that keep him happy and eating out with a child if they're not happy you can be sure you'll be unhappy too (also having something fun to hand is a must).

So while he tucked into a nice meal I had Penang Bang Salad
(Chicken, Chilli, Noodles and added yumminess)



The other half had Thai Duck Stir fry



Felt like we where back in South East Asia (Apart from the British Weather) I also topped it off with an absolutely refreshing and delicious Melon Margarita.


Should wax lyrical too much about a drink but it did taste exactly like sunshine and holidays.


Apart from those two events it was a bit of a calm week full of Spag Bol and soup as had a bit of a mad week with work so stuck to the basic and what I could do without too much fuss.

Oh and I am back off to Amsterdam - Yes the girls are going back on Tour. To say I am excited is not a big enough adjective to encapsulate how  thrilled I am to be going on this trip again.

As firstly I get to nosey around my friends new house and from the pictures I've seen it looks amazing.

Also give me an opportunity to do some of the thing I missed on my last trip.

Finally I can have some of the lovely drink and snacks I enjoyed last time mainly Scrappino and poffertjes.




That's in the pipeline for November.

So what with the baptism next weekend, going for a trip to Scotland in October (might even treat you all to pictures of a deep fried mars bar (yes they are real)) it going to be a very busy period up until Christmas.



Oh and one last thing before I go I had another bacon sandwich this week. This time from EAT it was tasty (Going to have to start a little rating chart seeing I have so many). I really liked the bread on this the only downside is that it didn't come with butter not like I need the calories but I do like it on my butty.




But it was £3 and was quick and easy way to have some nommy breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment