Thursday 24 September 2015

The Cak-y Baptism, The Missed Week and the Curry

 Hello out there in the blogger-verse.

Sorry I was incommunicado last week it all went a bit crazy.

I had my little ones baptism.

So I had loads of stuff to sort out last week from the arrival of family to sorting out a cake topper. I was actually shameful and used Store bought cake instead of making my own. but what with getting the balloons ordered the venue set up and trying not to loose what little of my mind I have left it was the easiest options.


All I can say is thank goodness for "Not on the High Street" as I managed to get a great cake decal that my poor mother and sister in law spent one night cutting out and sticking on as I had to take the Godparents through the order of service.




Although in all the madness I did manage to whip up a curry - It a take on a curry I made before but as I know the recipe and I know it a fairly quick cook time (Well most of it is letting it simmer) I made Sweet Potato and Chicken Curry.


Ingredients
400g of Chicken
3 Sweet Potatoes
3 Bell Peppers
400g of tinned tomatoes
200g of Tomato Puree
350g of Spinach
Some Fat Free Fromage Frais
Curry Powder - No I picked Hot as I like it spicy but it up to you really.




Also 300ml of Stock (not featured as I forgot until I was in the mist of cooking)

Chop the sweet potatoes and put them on to par boil for 5 minutes.



Then in a big pan throw in the chicken and add the curry powder you can be as generous as you want it up to you spice it up a bit...



Then Throw in the peppers and start to cook off.


After then add the par-boil potatoes to the mix, stir in




Before adding a handful of the spinach.




Followed by the tomatoes



and the Stock



and another handful of spinach and the tomato puree


Keep adding the spinach till it wilted down then simmer for around 25 minutes until the potatoes are lovely and tender.



then you can stir in some fromage Frais to make it a bit creamer. Also if you've got someone who like it a bit milder you can always add a bit more to there curry to cool it down.



serve up with some rice and for added healthiness veg.



So glad I managed to get that in with in the madness. As it very filling and super nommy. 


You'll all be please to hear that the Baptism went off without a hitch, well the best it can with a 23 month old and a 45 minute service.



The reason we didn't have him baptized sooner, was because due to family being scattered across the world it was a logistical nightmare but  nearly everyone invited turned up which is amazing. It so nice to be able to celebrate a nice and happy day in actually really fantastic weather (for England in September).

Our Priest Father Peter was amazing and it was great service and everyone, what ever religion, was made to feel included and enjoyed a few laugh. Especially when my darling son didn't want to go over the font and was grotting my husband by clinging on for dear life to his neck tie lol..

Also the party afterwards was super success too I can't thank The Spitfire pub enough who put on a lovely do the space was amazing.



Made even more special by the fantastic balloons from Party on the Hill . They were such nice displays and I wanted something small and understated but set off the room.



As with kiddywinks running around you know they will be popped or when we're not looking the Helium used for hilarity (Warning Helium can be dangerous so not advisable) but considering some of the parents were doing it they couldn't really then tell their kids off. I don't know sometimes we can be worse than the kids lol..

Don't worry the little ones godmother is a nurse so we were safe from any calamity. lol


Also on the same day we had my in laws 35 Wedding Anniversary and our friends 33rd Birthday so we needed to get extra cakes to celebrate that too. Think I had cake overload.



What with that the glass of wine, the glass of champagne and did I tell you I started of the day with a bucks fizz my diet went truly out the window. But hey how many times am I going to get my son baptized.



So this week at weight club I had a gain so am back on the diet trying to loose it. So to make it more interesting I redid my wrapped chicken recipe (see my 1st July post for details) but this time I added fresh chilies in with the low fat cream cheese, now these were some fiery chilies. They were so nice to eat but did have a bit of heart burn afterward that will server me right for cranking up the heat a bit too much phew.


So I think my next post will be filled with nice and healthy dishes as I need to get the weight off.

As we booked another girl trip to Amsterdam - See Amok in Amsterdam parts 1-3 for what we got up to last time goodness knows what we will get up to this time but I can tell it's going to be filled with Fun, Food and a couple of drinkies (Don't worry I will be sans baby).


Which is great as I really need a break :), 

I had to decimate my Disney holiday fund to throw the baptism party which I don't mind as it was such a great day. Also I have managed to re-start the fund and have 1.5% saved up so far. Ooh so much I hear you say lol 

although with Epcot food and Wine starting and its coming up to the year anniversary of my last trip. I can't help being a bit bummed. As looking at the F&W previews it looks amazing and I would love to taste all the fun thing from all over the world.


Oh well as they say good things come to those who wait so I will keep at the saving try not to go mad at Christmas and hopefully in the January Sales I can bag a holiday bargin.

No comments:

Post a Comment